Author Topic: How to Update Code - New Stern Pinball Machines  (Read 65480 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
How to Update Code - New Stern Pinball Machines
« on: December 26, 2012, 01:41:42 PM »
Alot of people PM and ask about how they should go about updating the code on their brand new, or 6 month old Stern Pinball.
Here are a few answers.

Firstly, If u do a Stern software Code Update, and there have been say 3 or even 5 Code Upgrades since u bought the machine, the latest Code includes everything, all the various updates that have been done along the way, so u only need to add the latest, and not bother with anything but the latest Code. So as mentioned, just update the latest Code which is well worth it giving new audio, new dotmatrix annimations, extra gameplay rules and features. If u want to see what is in the update, u can go to the "read me" file which always sits below the Code Update on the Stern site in the Code Library, which sits under the Service and Support tab on the main Stern page.

Also, if u dont have the winzip program on your computer already, it is also on the Stern website.

The link below shows WINZIP on far left of the page.

http://www.sternpinball.com/GAME-code.shtml

The link below can be printed out. Use this as a step by step on how to do a code update. It is reasonably straight forward.

When finished, just remember to go back into settings and make your machine FREEPLAY again etc.

http://www.sternpinball.com/How_To_Update_Your_GAME_CODE.html

Hope it helps all members who are not used to software code upgrades yet.  

Also, here is a video link from Stern on how to upgrade code.

http://www.sternpinball.com/Media/Videos/instructional-series/updating-software.aspx

« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 01:46:23 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: How to Update Code - New Stern Pinball Machines
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 02:52:59 PM »
Alot of people PM and ask about how they should go about updating the code on their brand new, or 6 month old Stern Pinball.
Here are a few answers.

Firstly, If u do a Stern software Code Update, and there have been say 3 or even 5 Code Upgrades since u bought the machine, the latest Code includes everything, all the various updates that have been done along the way, so u only need to add the latest, and not bother with anything but the latest Code.

Updating the software erases the memory anyway, it is not a patch, but a new code

also worth mentioning is that the settings will be reset back to factory and your highscores will be erased![/u]

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: How to Update Code - New Stern Pinball Machines
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 03:16:27 PM »
Yes, and dont forget Stern owners, if u have a AC/DC machine, to reset your INSULT LEVELS back to HIGH if u want the best from Steve Ritchies callouts during gameplay.  The other setting I add is a TOURNAMENT each month to get the best dot matrix displays whilst the game is sitting waiting for someone to play and during.

Dont forget to always use the yellow TOURNAMENT button on the left of the coindoor below the usual start button to start a Tournament game, and not to use the std start button. This way your scores and your 10 initials get recorded towards the monthly Tournament scores, to get the most out of a fun home Tournament.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !