Author Topic: any lawyers in australia willing to take on paypal  (Read 782 times)

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
any lawyers in australia willing to take on paypal
« on: December 29, 2012, 09:10:04 PM »
paypal is withholding my sons money from a recent pin sale,any lawyers in australia willing to take on paypal?
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: any lawyers in australia willing to take on paypal
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 09:22:15 PM »
File a complaint with the Banking Ombudsman - do it online in minutes.

Works for me EVERY time.

https://forms.fos.org.au/OnlineDispute
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 09:23:48 PM »
thanks mike
 ^&^

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 09:26:07 PM »
here is the correspondance i.e. mitchell/paypal

shit,you have said all the right things and provided them with all they requested.
please dont loose sleep over this.its holidays.time to contact the legal advice people.print out all correspondance between you and paypal.for your records and the for lawyer.they may be on holidays till the 3rd jan.I think it may be time to let mom know whats going on.dont you think.she or karen may have some advise.

Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2012 2:01 PM
To: damien 2
Subject: Fwd: NegativeBalance/Limitations (ID: C036-L011-T13037-S111-W0L0000) (KMM74402447V41124L0KM) :ppNA

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 29 December 2012 11:02:17 AM ACDT
To: <mitchellelson@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: NegativeBalance/Limitations (ID: C036-L011-T13037-S111-W0L0000)    (KMM74402447V41124L0KM) :ppNA

Dear Mitchell Elson,

We appreciate your interest in PayPal; however, our decision to leave your account in a permanent limitation status is final.

PayPal reserves the right to limit access to any account reported to be involved in possible fraudulent or high risk behaviour. In the event of a dispute, PayPal will seek to recover the funds from you by debiting your PayPal balance and, if there are not sufficient funds in your PayPal balance, PayPal reserves the right to collect your debt to PayPal by any other legal means.

Due to the potential risk of chargebacks and other risks of funds reversals, your balance will be held for 180 days from the date of the last payment that was received into your account. At that time, any remaining funds will be available for withdrawal.

Sincerely,

Valerie

PayPal

PayPal Australia Pty Limited.

Copyright © 1999-2012 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal Australia Pty Limited ABN 93 111 195 389 (PPA) holds an Australian Financial Services Licence, number 304962. Any general financial product advice provided in this email is provided by PPA and has not taken into account your objectives, financial situations or needs.

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Dear ,

&####;

Thank you for being a Top Customer, my name is Kimberly.

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We value what you have to say, and we know situations like this can be difficult. If you have more questions, visit our Help Center by clicking "Help" in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

&####;

Add your mobile number to your PayPal account so we can reach you right away if we ever need to verify account activity with you. Simply log in to your PayPal account, click "Profile" near the top of the page and then click "Update" beside "Phone."

&####;

You can also make and receive payments with your mobile phone when you add it to your PayPal account. After you confirm your number and create a PIN, you'll be able to get money, send money, check your balance, or manage your account from your phone using simple text messages.

&####;

Sincerely,

Kimberly

PayPal Account Review Department

PayPal, an eBay Company

&####;

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Form Message customer subject:  legacy 
customer message:  >Topic: 'Negative Balance/Limitations'
>Sub Topic: 'How do I resolve my limitation?'
>case_id: 'KMM73419689V17108L0KM'
>message: 'Hello,
>I have provided information to remove limitations and they havnt been removed because of my age, I understand under ##'s are not supposed to have PayPal accounts but I almost have \$#### in the account (The most money I have ever delt with and can't sleep at night knowing I may never see it, \$####.## isn't even mine, it's my fathers for which we sold our Pinball Machine to pay bills and food over the festive season... Yea, that worked well!)
>The other \$#### was for my laptop for School. Without that I can not purchase a laptop for school and need that before the new term, I will be in year ## and we rely heavilly on IT.
>
>I know telling you my problems won't change the situation but I need someone honest to tell me when I'm getting the money back if ever, should I get legal help? I'm also sure this would make good topic on my local news.
>And option # was to refund, I can't do that either! Is there a possibility to refund the \$#### (inc fees) to Jason Anza and refund the \$#### to the account it came from?
>I can only hope Jason is honest and dosent keep the money but can transfer it to the rightful owner, as he already has the item and lives # days drive away!
>
>Sorry if I have offended you.
>I don't plan on using PayPal ever again due to your threats to conviscate my hard earned money!
>
>Regards Mitchell Elson'

&####;
&####;

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 09:36:23 PM »

PayPal Australia Pty Limited.

Copyright © 1999-2012 PayPal. All rights reserved. PayPal Australia Pty Limited ABN 93 111 195 389 (PPA) holds an Australian Financial Services Licence, number 304962. Any general financial product advice provided in this email is provided by PPA and has not taken into account your objectives, financial situations or needs.

so where is there contact information   !!@

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 09:52:57 PM »
OK - here is my advice, up to you what you do with it BUT let me say I have at any one time no less then three current, open disputes with the Ombudsman about PP. Many people poo-poo me and my advice and claim "it's something you do/have done". The Ombudsman finds in my favor, or PP caves EVERY time - I repeat EVERY time.

It isn't - Google 'Paypal problems' and you will be blown away!

STOP TALKING TO PAYPAL and STOP wasting your time & effort attempting to appease them by providing endless reams of paperwork that they will lose and ask you to send a send or even a third time (always faxed the anus_holes).

I contact them ONCE with a simple demand that ignores their mindless crap - I simply demand that they return or release my money within 24 hours or with no further notice to PP I will file a complaint with the Banking Ombudsman. (also ignore their claim that their descision is final - that is complete bullshit and does NOT wash with the Ombudsman).

I wait 24 hrs and then file online. EVERY time, mostly within a week, I get MY money.

Your mileage may differ but please, whatever you do , STOP following their BULLSHIT requests and STOP corrosponding with them - this is what they thrive on - stringing you along until you give up.

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 10:03:19 PM »
thankyou very much mike,at least we know where we stand with pp.sounds like a nightmare.i will get mitchell who is 15 to contact the banking ombudsman in our state.are paypal even a bank??
i think not,banks are not that cruel.i needed to vent my anger and mitchells,we have not had a merry christmas.thankyou for directing us in the right direction.nick refused to offer any advice.lol.

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 10:18:47 PM »
They are NOT a bank BUT come under the juristiction of the Banking Ombudsman in Australia and I can tell you they HATE that....in other countries they do as they please but here at least there is some control over them...

Be a little careful about exactly WHO deals with this - if Mitchell is only 15 maybe he he shouldn't have a PP or eBay account ?? I don't know but I would check that first. If the accounts were opened in your name then you deal with them....

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 10:22:22 PM »
he has been buying and selling for a couple of years now,but yes he is not 18

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 10:35:18 PM »
Aren't paypal basically saying that they are holding the money in the account for a 180 day period, incase their is any reported fraud against Mitchells account, then they will release the money ? (copy paypal quote below)

your balance will be held for 180 days from the date of the last payment that was received into your account. At that time, any remaining funds will be available for withdrawal.

So, because he is not 18, and you have to be 18 to hold/operate/open a paypal account, they have chosen to hold the money for 6 months and then release it to you.  !@#

Mikes advice is spot on, but if u have to be 18 to hold a paypal account (which is in its paypal user conditions) they may legally be within their rights to hold the money...which sux, but if their terms n conditions cover this, u may have to wait 6 months, OR they just might refund the money to the pinball machine purchaser. ? I dont see this happening, they will hold it for the 180 days then release it only to you i feel.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 10:37:06 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 10:44:38 PM »
yeah,brett,but minus any legal or other fees they determine fit for the cause.will they give us interest??i think not so they will stuff up mitchell year 11 schooling because the computer he paid for using there SYSTEM did not arrive??wtf?

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 10:54:29 PM »
Not on PP side but if you have to be 18 to have an account whys he got one at 15? I use my account if my 15 year old wants something, but good luck hope you sort it out soon. 

Peter

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 10:58:12 PM »
can the bank that he withdraw from via paypal reverse the funds?that money was his christmas money plus a years saving for a new computer.he needs the computer for school.

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 11:03:02 PM »
Not on PP side but if you have to be 18 to have an account whys he got one at 15? I use my account if my 15 year old wants something, but good luck hope you sort it out soon. 

Peter

i have bought stuff for him in the past,but niether his mom or i knew that he had obtained a pp account by deception

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 11:07:59 PM »

Mitchell is in a difficult position due to being under age. As Cavey said, they are not planning to keep the money, but freezing it for 180 days. Using a lawyer possibly won't get it back much quicker, and you might have spent the equivalent of the balance in the account before you get a result. Trouble is, Paypal have more money and an in-house legal team - you're outgunned from the outset and once the battle lines are drawn, they'll just stall, knowing you are paying by the hour - very hard to win in that manner, and not economically viable unless the $ are so large (10's of thousands) to make it necessary.

The Ombudsman has jurisdiction as it is the Financial Services Ombudsman (not just Banking, but all forms of financial services). The service is free, so opening a case is likely to be way more cost effective, and might prompt a quicker response.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”