Author Topic: any lawyers in australia willing to take on paypal  (Read 783 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: any lawyers in australia willing to take on paypal
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 11:10:38 PM »

The Ombudsman has jurisdiction as it is the Financial Services Ombudsman (not just Banking, but all forms of financial services). The service is free, so opening a case is likely to be way more cost effective, and might prompt a quicker response.

This is without doubt the most effective way forward - the age thing will cause issues I'm sure.....but?????
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 11:12:48 PM »
thanks nick,but you could have told us that 2 weeks ago and saved us the embarasement of going public with this.

i do apreciate your late response though. !@) !@)
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 11:15:30 PM »

The Ombudsman has jurisdiction as it is the Financial Services Ombudsman (not just Banking, but all forms of financial services). The service is free, so opening a case is likely to be way more cost effective, and might prompt a quicker response.

This is without doubt the most effective way forward - the age thing will cause issues I'm sure.....but?????

That's where is gets murky - Palpal will say that the account was opened fraudulently (false age declaration), and I don't know how the Ombudsman will progress things from there. I can't see Paypal having any right, despite the age "inconsistency", to retaining the funds, but I can see they have a fair argument to suspend the funds for a period.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 11:23:37 PM »
fair call.i understand.so i may have to pass the hat around for mitch's computer at the sum of $1200.so he can finish his schooling.or sell another pin (not one-bay/pp).lol

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012, 11:39:43 PM »
Google 'PayPal woes' or any other thing you like and you will see that you are not alne...they are the shiftiest bunch ever to be allowed to continue doing business IMO...

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 11:41:04 PM »
fair call.i understand.so i may have to pass the hat around for mitch's computer at the sum of $1200.so he can finish his schooling.or sell another pin (not one-bay/pp).lol

Sell another pin education is far more important, education is getting expensive hey?

Peter

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2012, 12:07:04 AM »
I never have and never will spend or receive any more a couple of hundred dollars through these mongrels (PP that is). In most cases i use internet bank transfers when i can or on small purchases send it as a gift so they cant screw u with their fees

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 08:53:30 PM »
I never have and never will spend or receive any more a couple of hundred dollars through these mongrels (PP that is). In most cases i use internet bank transfers when i can or on small purchases send it as a gift so they cant screw u with their fees

I agree, but if I am forced to I withdraw the money immediately and any goods are not passed on until the money clears in my Bank account.

Like anything where you can't walk into a building and talk to someone you have to be wary, not really stuff for the inexperienced such as children.

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2012, 11:40:40 PM »
yea... i'm really lost with what I need to do! Hate how I rang paypal and they gave me false hope saying i'd have it back within 7 days! yea like that happened! instead they call me a threat and impound my money for 6 months! ^.^
Uhh... suppose I gotta find $400 laying in a bush somewhere to pay for my laptop!  :lol  &^&
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2012, 05:51:12 AM »
The sooner a complaint is filed with the FSO the sooner the ball will start rolling..........................

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2013, 11:02:34 PM »
The problem seems to be fixed... The issue was elevated to Executive level and was immediately resolved.
They have allowed me to withdraw the funds so that I may then close the account.
Fingers Crossed it stays running smooth! #@#
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2013, 11:05:29 PM »
Good to hear mate.. hope it has worked out for you

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 12:09:07 AM »
i am also happy,but mitchell is not allowed to operate a paypal account until he is 18 yrs old
but can have an e-bay account i think.. ^&^ ^&^ ^&^

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2013, 12:14:37 AM »
i am also happy,but mitchell is not allowed to operate a paypal account until he is 18 yrs old
but can have an e-bay account i think.. ^&^ ^&^ ^&^

probably an American thing - try PayMate (an Australian company)

NOPE - just checked:

2.7 Requirements for use

To use the Services you must:

have a current e-mail address;
    be at least 18 years old;

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2013, 12:23:22 AM »
You can't enforce a contract for services against a minor for something like this, so the fact that mildflame ticked "yes" to the terms and conditions when signing up to paypal is voided entirely when held up against Australian contract law. This is why they have been so quick to process the money and close off the account.

I have seen numerous cases similar to this listed with the TIO (Telecommunications Ombudsman) for enforcement of mobile phone contracts against minors and in nine out of ten cases, the complaint is upheld (found in favour of the minor).