Author Topic: What paint to use?  (Read 388 times)

Offline Blktgr74

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
What paint to use?
« on: January 03, 2013, 12:57:27 AM »
When touching up play field wear what paint do you use? Enamel or acrylic? I was thinking the hobby paint that use to come with model planes would be ok? Any advice would be great thanks

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: What paint to use?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 09:40:38 AM »
When touching up play field wear what paint do you use? Enamel or acrylic? I was thinking the hobby paint that use to come with model planes would be ok? Any advice would be great thanks

Use water based craft paint, that way if you mess is up it's easy to cleanup, also it doesn't react with clear coating like some of the others can.
You will need to clear coat over it though.
Get your self a cheap ebay airbrush, it makes touchups a lot easier than brushing and allows you to use less paint.

Offline Blktgr74

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: What paint to use?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 09:47:04 AM »

Use water based craft paint, that way if you mess is up it's easy to cleanup, also it doesn't react with clear coating like some of the others can.
You will need to clear coat over it though.
Get your self a cheap ebay airbrush, it makes touchups a lot easier than brushing and allows you to use less paint.
excellent thanks