Author Topic: Best pin under $2k  (Read 813 times)

Offline Blktgr74

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Best pin under $2k
« on: January 05, 2013, 11:50:20 AM »
What is the best pin to go for under $2k.  I'm looking for ideas for my next pin. There isn't many wild pins around and the ones that I've played that could fall into that price range im not a fan of eg judge dread Jurassic pk. Thanks

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Best pin under $2k
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 12:03:30 PM »
Its very hard to get a decent late model DMD machine for under 2 grand. Spending an extra 500 bux opens up the field to include dozens n dozens more machines....

You might score a Last Action Hero around the 2 grand figure. I have always thought LAH was the best bang for ya buck, pound for pound pinball machine on the planet. A great fun machine.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 12:04:43 PM »
Last Action Hero
TOMMY (awesome game)
Star Wars (Data East)
Flintstones (touch over $2k)
Striker Extreme

At those prices would be as is and you would shop it yourself

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 12:08:53 PM »

Jurassic Park would be over $2k. A Judge Dread recently sold on eBay for $1900 and a Demo Man for $1300. Those are the games that "fly under the radar" at Christmas time. There is a risk buying off eBay, as most of the games are overstated, condition wise.

Certainly most of the Data Easts would sell at around $2000.

Are you after a reconditioned game, or an "as is" machine that needs reconditioning ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Blktgr74

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 12:17:12 PM »

Jurassic Park would be over $2k. A Judge Dread recently sold on eBay for $1900 and a Demo Man for $1300. Those are the games that "fly under the radar" at Christmas time. There is a risk buying off eBay, as most of the games are overstated, condition wise.

Certainly most of the Data Easts would sell at around $2000.

Are you after a reconditioned game, or an "as is" machine that needs reconditioning ?
I'm more than happy for something that needs a little love. I've got a lead on a jungle lord that I should have in the next week or so it needs a bit of work but it was priced right. But like any pin head your always thinking ahead at the next pin to target.

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 01:20:17 PM »
Some of the Gottlieb sys 80b are under rated imo.
Some crappy themes but good playing.

Very cheap to pick up too and a good challenge to repair.

Offline Blktgr74

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 01:35:45 PM »
Some of the Gottlieb sys 80b are under rated imo.
Some crappy themes but good playing.

Very cheap to pick up too and a good challenge to repair.
there arent many gottlieb pins over $2k maybe stargate & hunted house. How ever I've got two system 3s and unless I found something to good to pass up I'll probably look for something other than a gottlieb. A tommy, tales from the crypt, funhouse or a black rose  would be high on the want list. Is there anything better that I'm missing?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 02:26:48 PM »
Tales from the Crypt is a awesome pinny.
I would expect a good one will still fetch up to and around $2400 to $2500 unless u find a bargain somewhere.....

Congo is a machine u can pick up for around $2200 to $2500...also a great game......
Star Trek 25th or even a project Star Trek Next Gen around the $2000 to $2500 ish if u are very very lucky. All great pinnys.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 02:38:58 PM »
Striker extreme under 1k maybe that's a container filler right there, JD great title.

Peter

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 05:37:42 PM »
I would be doing the rounds of the so-called backyard container importers. Plenty of good value to be had in the working but as-is condition machines.

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 12:26:20 AM »
What is the best pin to go for under $2k.  I'm looking for ideas for my next pin. There isn't many wild pins around and the ones that I've played that could fall into that price range im not a fan of eg judge dread Jurassic pk. Thanks

i,ll sell you either baywatch,maverick or frankenstien minus a display for $1999
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 01:15:22 AM »
what ever CAVEY says im sure its good, go stern
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:08:47 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 01:16:45 AM »
I would be doing the rounds of the so-called backyard container importers. Plenty of good value to be had in the working but as-is condition machines.

^This.

Market for B and C titles is very soft at the moment due to lack of discretionary income, so if you do have $2k burning a hole in your pocket I would be doing the rounds of all the importers and letting them know you have the dollars.

They will be tripping over themselves to make a sale with you in order to shift "lower demand" stock.

Apparently there is some sort of global financial meltdown going on (or so the TV/newspaper keeps telling me #@#), so I see nothing wrong with going to an importer and making a sub $2k offer on a working Judge Dredd for example and getting a new display, legs and rubber kit thrown in for that price (and free delivery from Melb).  *%*

Believe me, they have a more than sufficient "buffer" to absorb this based on what these titles cost out of European resellers.

In this market, people with discretionary income (actual cash, not throw it all on the credit card or the Harvey Norman 5 years interest free finance rubbish) are gold to small businesses that sell what is basically a novelty product.

Offline Fortyfour

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 12:31:34 PM »
Hi mate, I'm a newbie here need to do intro oops.
But just before Xmas dec 2012 I bought a party zone for 2K and when I got home did my research and found that dr dude was a sister machine to Party Zone. I went back and bought that aswell for 2k. I have hit eBay hard bought legs balls cleaning stuff and both machines are awesome we play em everyday. Kids 2 and 6 years love it.

I would say Party Zone and Dr Dude are both a lot of fun and wouldn't hesitate paying $2500 each loads of fun.

Offline Blktgr74

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 12:51:39 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions guys but maybe I should change it a little what pin under $2k has the deepest rule set and is most challenging?