Author Topic: Star Trek - Stern 2013  (Read 13459 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Re: Star Trek - Stern 2013
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2013, 08:52:29 PM »
What happened to Metallica?
DW Drums rule !

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2013, 08:55:25 PM »

Just a rumor.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2013, 08:55:39 PM »
If John Borg isnt doing it, it wont be happening for a while, and from what i am hearing, he , JB, is working on a action themed pinny (movie based).....either way, Borgys next title is due out within the next 8 to 10 weeks........have to wait n see unfortunately.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2013, 09:14:31 PM »

From all the talk, I'd be surprised if we don't see Metallica in April/May. Time will tell!

As for the LCD, I reckon Avengers would have benefitted from it. Liked the implementation on Wizard of Oz, but will wait to see what the finished code is like.

I think it's time pinball took the next step and went to a colour LCD. Just like when the DMD was originally introduced. I just hope it doesn't change the way we play the game. I think Pinball 2000 was a cool idea, but for me it turned pinball into a video game where I was going through the motions and completing levels instead of building the story with my imagination.

Cheers!
Adam.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2013, 08:47:33 PM »
OK, so we all know that Steve Ritchie is 100 percent doing Star Trek in 2013, and Borgy is doing Metallica.
At the start of the thread, I thought it was the other way around, but surprise surprise, Steve is doing trek, and its Borgys turn to do a music pinny.

I wanted to copy some info from Steve Ritchies latest talk at his Texas Pinball seminar.
By all accounts, this Star Trek pinball will be using the new boardsets, and will be using alot more computing power than Stern has ever used according to Steve. From what he says about this pinball machine, Steve believes this title will be his most advanced and best machine he has ever built. That says alot, cause he has built some special titles before. Thats great news to huge Star Trek, and Pinball fans like me.

There doesnt seem to be many blatant trekkies on here, and I seem to be relatively alone in this endeavour, but it seems that this pinball machine is going to be Steves finest of alltime. That means trekky pinball peoples are in for a super dooper treat.
It wont be out to December 2013 or later from what I understand, but it will be worth the wait.

Info below that got me excited >

Steve's presentation began with a slideshow of images from his many years designing pinballs for Atari, Williams and Stern, and traveling the world meeting pinball enthusiasts.
He spoke about steps Stern Pinball are taking to try to improve the quality and reliability of their games and the component parts.

He then talked about working with Lyman Sheats, describing his skills in both playing and designing rules, along with his input and collaboration on the design of the games.

Steve then gave a photographic tour of the Stern Pinball factory and the people working there. He said they are expanding the offices (something seen in our Pinball Expo report), creating more space for Engineering and moving the back office staff into the new accommodation. He also introduced the recent additions to the team, including Tom Kopera and Greg Freres. He said Tom is working on mechanical devices for Steve's next game.

Steve said his next game is the most ambitious game he's ever designed for Stern, and he will be working flat out on it for the rest of the year. He said it will probably use Stern's new control system - he needs the system's capabilities and will be in trouble if the game doesn't use it.

In reply to a question about whether he would ever make another widebody, Steve said absolutely not. He said the geometry of a widebody doesn't suit his design style and the additional cost isn't reflected in the earnings.

Steve was also asked about the new code for AC/DC. He said the new Radio mode is awesome, and there will probably be two more updates, but Lyman is writing it in his spare time since he's working on a different game now. But the first update shouldn't be too far away.

Steve revealed his voice will appear in his next game, but only in a minor role and he wants to move away from the Devil voice he used in AC/DC and the focus of the vocal work should be elsewhere.

Asked if the new control system will lead to an increase in price, Steve replied he didn't see why. The price of all pinball parts increase constantly he said, but that shouldn't be related to the new system.

Talking about the new companies making pinball, Steve said he thought competition is good and has caused Stern Pinball to raise their game.

Exciting times ahead.....espescially for trekkies !

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2013, 10:27:04 PM »
It's too scary to admit you are a blatant trekky, it's like admitting you are an ABBA fan!

Heaven forbid you say you like the music on the WOZ.

Live long and prosper.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #111 on: March 18, 2013, 11:42:13 PM »
I am a blatant trekky. Only a bad BLATANT trekky has a huge Star Trek machine in his loungeroom.  @.@
I often call my wife Janeway in bed.lol and she gets angry.lol  %.% %.% %.%

I even have a BORG army of Star Trek barbies, but they are highly collectable, and I have over 300 Borgs alone, plus at least 2,000 other Star Trek action figures plus many boxes of other Trekky stuff. Perhaps my super-annuation.lol

I have the Star Trek 25th pinny, the Star Trek Next Generation pinny, now I just need the next Stern trekky pinball machine to make the set.
All set up next to the Star Trek Shooter cabinet, and I will call it Star Trek corner......and NO, i dont dress up as a klingon and go to conventions.lol  %.% %.%

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2013, 12:35:36 AM »
I am a blatant trekky. Only a bad BLATANT trekky has a huge Star Trek machine in his loungeroom.  @.@
I often call my wife Janeway in bed.lol and she gets angry.lol  %.% %.% %.%

I even have a BORG army of Star Trek barbies, but they are highly collectable, and I have over 300 Borgs alone, plus at least 2,000 other Star Trek action figures plus many boxes of other Trekky stuff. Perhaps my super-annuation.lol

I have the Star Trek 25th pinny, the Star Trek Next Generation pinny, now I just need the next Stern trekky pinball machine to make the set.
All set up next to the Star Trek Shooter cabinet, and I will call it Star Trek corner......and NO, i dont dress up as a klingon and go to conventions.lol  %.% %.%

You forgot the BALLY STAR TREK..

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=star+trek&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#2355

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2013, 03:09:24 AM »
Its not much of a player for me, a bit slow, otherwise it would fit for sure.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2013, 11:13:38 AM »
I have a couple of 1991 Star Trek 25th Pinnys.

I found this video of William Shatner, always the consumate professional.  ^^^

I am hoping the next Star Trek pinball does justice to all the Star Trek shows since the first in 1966.

I am sure William Shatner would be very happy with the 1991 Data East pinny with its cool audio and dot matrix displays/video mode n everything else that made the machine excellent. Hopefully he liked Next gen Pinny, also a great machine.

Can Stern do a new Trekky pinny, that will be a winner as well. Hope so, hope Steve Ritchie works his arse out on this one and management doesnt try to cut any corners financially or try n rush it out the door.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2013, 11:39:54 PM »
The NEW Star Trek movie is being released May 9 in Australia. Some media says May 16 ?

Star Trek Into Darkness

Link below has 23 great movie photos.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2825104384/tt1408101?ref_=tt_ov_i

Photo 13 of 23 has a smokin hot blonde  *%*

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3985943808/tt1408101

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2013, 02:39:47 PM »
here is the next teaser - lasers

would be cool if all the lights go out in a mode and lasers are shot around
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2013, 03:17:20 PM »
May the force be with you Yoda Ritchie (ooopps, wrong movie)

Welcome to the Federation Captain Ritchie, permission to board your new Stern class star-ship Enterprise ACDC-NC01.  @.@

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2013, 12:53:14 PM »
The new Star Trek movie has been released today, in all cinemas. May 9th.
Hopefully the movie is great, and the pinball by Steve Ritchie is better !

If anyone sees it, please add feedback  ^^^