Author Topic: Star Trek - Stern 2013  (Read 13638 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: Star Trek - Stern 2013
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2013, 10:11:00 AM »
SO - we want a game that attracts players in pubs  - OK then.

LCD screen that shows girls, skimpy girls - and loads of different flicks - real teasers
Some kick arse music in the game.
ANd have a token dispenser in it ( think Safecracker ) that when the player wins a a token he redeems it at the bar for a a midi or similar.

Theres something in there to suit all the barfly's and keep em coming back for more.
Think Full throttle Saloon in a pinball game , girls, titties, strip shows, awesome hard soundtrack and the chance to win free beer
Make a unique title around all of that and make it fairly easy to understand with some classic loop shots ( average Joe thinks he is a great player when hitting big fast loops and a couple of sweet ramps ) - keep it simple but fun and PLAYABLE for the average punter. Throw in a 'stripping' video mode or a drink skulling video mode )

Operator and bar owner can work out an arrangement re the free beer share payments

GAry Stern, you can send my $20k marketing fee to me by Paypal :lol

You are on it mate  *%* That's the sort of game that will make a lot of money in a pub, not Star Trek

Offline joele

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2013, 12:37:52 AM »
"The Walking Dead" - something dark and interesting.

That would be awesome..

I would love to get my hands on a Tron Pro , but likely problematic, missed that boat..

I actually like Star Trek as a theme and would love a 'new' one to be honest but I would have to try it first, the only recent Stern I have tried to date was Ironman and I wasn't really impressed to be honest..
-----
Current - Dr Who, The Shadow, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Star Wars DE

Owned but Sold - Indiana Jones, Revenge from mars, Fish Tales, Tron Pro

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2013, 03:43:14 PM »
quote from pinball news site.

Which pinball are you most looking forward to playing in 2013?

Avengers 
Ben Heck's Zombie Adventureland
Captain Nemo Dives Again
Full Throttle136
Magic Girl
Metallica
P3
Predator
Star Trek
The Wizard of Oz

Wizard of OZ came first , and was probably heavily influenced by the 1,000 people waiting 2 plus years for their machines, but guess what came in next ??  !@#

Star Trek.....

Just goes to show, there are alot of trekkies out there.....interesting.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline MPE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Re: Star Trek - Stern 2013
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2013, 05:50:01 PM »
As someone who only has a deposit down on a machine, if Star Trek was released then I'd be 99.5% sure of finding some way of raising the $$ needed for a NIB machine!

Live long, and prosper
Resistance is futile

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2013, 06:56:27 PM »
Star Trek would be as big as acdc just due to the fan base and its a great pinball theme.

Peter

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2013, 07:43:01 PM »
I'm not that into to Star Trek. Although I wouldn't buy the game I'd be keen to play it.
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2013, 07:51:56 PM »
This thread has got me interested in Williams' Star Trek TNG now. Great looking machine even if I'm not a number 1 Trek fan. Just got the update to Pinball Arcade. First few games, seems like a complex machine and not your run of the mill Steve Ritchie game?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2013, 08:09:59 PM »
This thread has got me interested in Williams' Star Trek TNG now. Great looking machine even if I'm not a number 1 Trek fan. Just got the update to Pinball Arcade. First few games, seems like a complex machine and not your run of the mill Steve Ritchie game?

when u first play a Star Trek Next Gen widebody, the first thing u think is "luxury" because it has this feel that is like nothing else, and the game itself is just excellent. All the ramp shots, the 3rd flipper, the layout is just superb, not to mention excellent video modes, and audio and dot matrix annimations are superb. Light shows are also terrific. Playing a Star Trek which has been fully shopped properly is a joy. The 2 x cannons that shoot balls are awesome as well.
A Star trek next gen has no more hassles than any other pin, its just that euro hack technicians did the occassional bodgy repair job, otherwise they are easy to maintain and very easy to work on.
I would never ever sell mine. I had 2 of them at one stage because I loved the machine so much.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2013, 09:55:19 PM »
Not a fan of Star Trek.
Hoping it's not Stern's first pinball release for the year.
SC.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2013, 12:59:09 PM »
I used to be very critical of ST TNG. it still is the only game I've ever walked away mid game. The reason is that most games are not reconditioned correctly. I call this title "the corners cut" game because this title is the most involved BW game to recondition. From an engineering point of view, this game was ahead of its time. There's so much going on, and everything has to work 100% with the deep rule set. Recently, I spent some serious hours reconditioning a ST TNG, and once the game was 100%, I could appreciate the deep rule set and enjoy the game.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2013, 01:25:18 PM »
Not a fan of Star Trek.
Hoping it's not Stern's first pinball release for the year.

+1 I'm with you there. Having said that x men as a title doesn't do much for me either but I think it's a great game so I suppose theme isn't always everything. Star Trek is really one of those you'll either love or hate based on theme though.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2013, 09:30:44 PM »
I saw the teaser video today for the new Star Trek movie coming out. It looks good, but I feel it may be very close, style wise and storyline wise to the last Star Trek movie featuring the cast when they were starting out in their first Trekky mission. If the pinball machine has some innovative and special toys, it might be a winner, but it will need something over n above just great cabinet art and translite art to really sell well.

I will bet money on it that if John Borg, or Steve Ritchie are doing the machine, it SHOULD be very very special.

Cant wait....bring it on.   2013 star Trek Pinball by Stern.

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2013, 09:48:08 PM »
Is the pinball going to be based on the new movies?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2013, 10:12:18 PM »
Is the pinball going to be based on the new movies?

Apparently. there are 2 more trek movies being shot for 2013 and 2014.

I would have preferred a colage of all the different Star Treks incl original, Next Generation, Voyager and Enterprise and the latest, but commercially, that will not happen.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2013, 02:18:44 PM »
I used to be very critical of ST TNG. it still is the only game I've ever walked away mid game. The reason is that most games are not reconditioned correctly. I call this title "the corners cut" game because this title is the most involved BW game to recondition. From an engineering point of view, this game was ahead of its time. There's so much going on, and everything has to work 100% with the deep rule set. Recently, I spent some serious hours reconditioning a ST TNG, and once the game was 100%, I could appreciate the deep rule set and enjoy the game.

I also recently restored one for a friend and put many games on it before he picked it up, it is a very good layout, nice and fast, and the rules are fairly deep even for some one who had to google what a clingon was

1. clingon

fecal particles which cling to bottox hair after excretion

"These clingons sure make my pants lumpy"

Still unsure  !@#