Author Topic: Space Invaders: Rottendog Rectifier board woes  (Read 9376 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: Space Invaders: Rottendog Rectifier board woes
« on: January 07, 2013, 07:03:24 AM »
I fitted one of my replacement boards to my Space Invaders here:

The "E" positions on my board are VERY clearly marked and the hole size is much larger to allow easy insertion of the wires. I'm pretty sure the 'E' positions are also marked clearly on the Rottendog board?

If you download the assembly instructions from my web page for this replacement board (towards the bottom of the page) it has some instructions and pictures that could be helpful here:

http://www.homepin.com/rectifierpcb.html

Here is a pic that is NOT on the website or in the manual that might help with the position of the wires - they are clearly marked as "E" points:

Here is a pic showing the wire colours AS WIRED IN MY OWN SPACE INVADERS (and it works after this install  %.%) so 'hopefully' the wire colours will be the same in yours?

This is the page from the S.I. schematic that shows the TX numbers and what "E" numbers they connect to on the board - pay attention to the double wires for E7,8,9,10 - this is clearer in my picture of the wired board above

Hope that all helps - If you need any additional info let me know.

Beaky is right, I have also seen some aftermarket boards that are touted as the best thing since sliced bread and they have been unrepairable because those making them may be brilliant engineers but seem to have ZERO real world experience in servicing! Pissy, fine PCB tracks and poorly laid out artwork, surface mounted parts. Bad design in a lot of ways BUT maximum profit - I suppose that's the aim? Just my opinion.

EDIT: Here is the board you have (I think?). You should be able to identify the correct points with the info above.

You should be able to download the manual for Bally Space Invaders here:

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2252
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 11:20:42 AM by Homepin »
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals