Author Topic: Space Invaders: Rottendog Rectifier board woes  (Read 9310 times)

Offline Classicpinballs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Space Invaders: Rottendog Rectifier board woes
« on: January 07, 2013, 11:18:02 PM »
Thanks for the replies, Guys. To be honest, I'd not heard of your boards before, which is a real shame as I've bought RD's replacement mpu/ds board for my WMS Jungle Lord. Not fitted yet, so cross your fingers for me...

I checked your wiring, thank you, and I also downloaded a Stern rectifier wiring guide. Everything matched, apart from the yellow lead that was on a different terminal. [This was yesterday afternoon and I cant remember which number  ::) ] The terminal that it should have gone onto had a jumper wire on it, coming, I think, number 3. But when looking closely at the yellow connection, it looked to be a factory connection so I took the chance and tried the board and it all worked fine %$%

I have all the playfield lamps out at the moment [not the GI] so I'm going to check the lamp driver connections [This was a project machine] but I have also bought new Altek mpu, lamp and solenoid driver boards for it, so as to make it as reliable as I can. [Now tell me these boards are no good too...  &^& ] I thought it best to try the machine using its old boards first, just in case I fried anything with the new rectifier board.

Anyway, thanks again for the help and advice. This is a very good and friendly forum [ unlike that well known US one] I wish you lot were a bit closer...