Author Topic: Just scored something amazing well I think so anyway.  (Read 8491 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
You're gonna have to get a sign made up soon saying 'Geelong Museum'. I can see your house in another 50 years and the American pickers coming for a visit. And there's you with no teeth, can't stand up and spitting out "NO" to every offer they make.

%.% your probably right rob hahahahaha

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
Nice piece of equipment! I scored mine a few years ago from an "estate" sale (read dead person) and love it. My kids are always amazed at the volume it can produe without having to plug it in! I'm lucky that my father-in-law had a friend with a stack of old 78's that I can play on it - everything from opera to Slim Dusty doing Pub with No Beer ! Make sure you don't try and play modern albums on it, the needle eats the vinyl clean out of the grooves. If you can't wait for the needles, my father told me they just used to snap off cactus spikes and put them in - works fine apparently.

have fun with it. This is my relatively boring horn - love yours.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Nice mate, my grandfather used to have a few of those including a couple that played a tube shaped recording, kinda like a coke can which spins around

Something like this:

and this:

Not sure what happened to them, I'll have to find out