Author Topic: LE Hulk going cheap?  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: LE Hulk going cheap?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 10:53:31 PM »
wow, I hope he gets what it owes him, bet it gets pulled from auction if it doesn't get close.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 10:58:19 PM »
wow, I hope he gets what it owes him, bet it gets pulled from auction if it doesn't get close.

Yes, I bet your right. From the sellers name it sounds like he might be an operator. He's located in Geelong, any of you Geelong guys know the guy?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 11:17:47 PM »
The listing should be reported immediately to Ebay as fraudulent because the seller is listing an item that is not even in his possesion and not even in the country as yet.
Sounds like he is fishing to get an idea as to what he can get for the machine over n above his costs because the LE Hulk model MAY be sold out in Australia.

** People are best to contact Bruce-AMD and look to him to purchase a legitimate LE Hulk versus this bullshit listing.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:27:04 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 11:38:22 PM »
how can you advertise something for sale on eBay (and up for auction) you dont even have posession of  !@#

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 11:43:36 PM »
HULK SMASH!!!!!!! !*!
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 12:05:45 AM »
The listing should be reported immediately as fraudulent because the seller is listing an item that is not even in his possesion and not even in the country as yet

Unless ebay has a specific rule, you comment is incorrect. You can sell something not yet in possession.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 12:13:14 AM »
Ebay says otherwise. I just spent 20 minutes on the phone to the security centre.

You are not allowed to sell something that u will not have in your possesion by the time the listing finishes. I would be surprised if the listing isnt yanked. It appears to be IMO a fishing expidition for profit...this stuff gives the pinball industry a bad name.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:31:15 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 12:14:00 AM »
I can't make comment on wether or not he's legitimate but at least he's being up front about the machine not being in his possession.

As stated below.

"Up for Auction is a AVENGERS INCREDIBLE HULK PINBALL limited edition unused unwrrapped still in box just dont know what number LE untill it arrive reason for selling is I need the money right know, but didnt at the time it should be here about late January 2013. Feel free to email me any questions"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 12:15:58 AM »
Wouldnt it be smarter to just contact Bruce at AMD who is the Australian importer. I checked my email and he does have Hulk LE avail.

Offline RottyGuy

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 12:16:42 AM »
This seller ends auctions early all the time. He did it with a BDK about a month ago.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 12:23:32 AM »
This seller ends auctions early all the time. He did it with a BDK about a month ago.

Andy, spot on...yes, u often see his auctions yanked. Does anyone seriously think he will honour a auction price lower than what u can buy one brand new one for ??...Will he honour the auction price if he doesnt make a profit....?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:42:31 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 12:30:21 AM »
Ebay says otherwise. I just spent 20 minutes on the phone to the security centre

No, eBay doesn't make the law! It might be against their rules (thats their decision) but its foolish to call fraud just because he doesn't yet have possession of the item.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 12:33:09 AM »
Ebay says otherwise. I just spent 20 minutes on the phone to the security centre

No, eBay doesn't make the law! It might be against their rules (thats their decision) but its foolish to call fraud just because he doesn't yet have possession of the item.

I could say its foolish not to call it fraud, or at the very minimum improper when in relation to specifically ebay listings. Ebays reporting system lists it under fraudulent...otherwise one may chose another word, but the reporting system isnt very flexible.

It isnt fraud to sell something in the real world (outside of ebay) when u dont have it in your possession.Thats why i said the matter should be reported. Obviously only to ebay, you wouldnt report it to anyone else.

Who would want to go and win the auction, then Go and pay the man $9,300 for a item not even in his possession, then wait for it to come.....no one will do that, that would be foolish ! Espescially IF u never heard from him again.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:35:40 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 12:41:20 AM »
anyone here looking to buy a Hulk LE still ?