Author Topic: Sunday Pinball Questionnaire - part 69 - pinball god  (Read 5345 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Sunday Pinball Questionnaire - part 69 - pinball god
« on: January 14, 2013, 08:46:59 PM »
11. Missed a most sought after Paragon last year. Found it but was told he was too busy to visit Saturday, but sunday ok. Rang Sunday and as we spoke he sold it to a guy at his house. Missed by an hour or two I'm guessing.

12. None so far but T2 is being played less and less.

13. All games have something unique with an innovation possibly not seen prior to its release like my P2000 games, or T2's dot matrix. Also I try to ensure I have most of the features found in pinballs, at one game will have a plunger, another a gun grip etc. I have at least o e game with a spinner, drop targets, magnets, upper playfield, monitor, ramps and so on. All have interesting playfield artwork Nd great colours/light shows.

14. My games room is part of the house and not in a garage, as I didn't want my games to be considered as something to be hidden away from visitors. Everyone who has come to my house sees my pinballs. I'm proud of them and the hobby. Plus it's cool in summer and warm in winter if you get my drift. Would enjoy a garage games room too to get away from the wife sometimes. The room itself is functional, very pinball with its artwork on the wall etc and is me in all respects.

15. I have a hankin tabletop which had pacman but I changed to a 48 in 1 system. Gets the odd game every month or two.

16. Seeing what is being produced recently, I see new boxes but nothing innovative in design nor creative in themes. In 10 years we're all going to be nearing 60's on average and maybe struggling to maintain the same passion let alone lifting these mutha's and I think we are the main buyers. So I think the industry and hobby with pretty much disappear. I pose this thought, how many 18yo's want to buy and drive a 1960's Holden or ford? I'm guessing they prefer the latest technology to drive; same goes with pinball and hence why Xbox wins. Stern and the rest need to think outside the box and forget what maybe us old farts want and punt on what kids of today and pinball may have in common. A bleak view which I'm happy to be wrong in.

Thanks for listening  <..>
Still loving my Metallica Premium