Author Topic: Family Guy Pinball  (Read 483 times)

Offline smokingjoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Family Guy Pinball
« on: January 18, 2013, 02:54:18 AM »
Hey guys . Does anyone know anyone who has a Family Guy , who lives  around the Perth , Western Australia area , who may be interested in selling It ?
Thanks , Joe .

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
Re: Family Guy Pinball
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 01:15:53 PM »
Hi Joe,

It's kind of considered bad forum etiquette to ask for something in your first post.
You might get a better response if you post in the introduction forum, tell us a bit about yourself etc.
Then hit us up with the "I want something" post ^^^

Anyway  %)% and I hope you find what you're after.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 10:17:53 PM by elkor-alish »
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 09:30:58 PM »
Can't help you there but I do enjoy playing this title and should make an effort to buy one
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 09:35:00 PM »
Can't help you there but I do enjoy playing this title and should make an effort to buy one

+1 fun game, cracks me up, love stewie's mini pinball

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 09:41:28 PM »
Hey guys . Does anyone know anyone who has a Family Guy , who lives  around the Perth , Western Australia area , who may be interested in selling It ?
Thanks , Joe .

I think the only place u will find one of these pinnys is around the melbourne area and u will need to contact the various commercial dealers.
Family Guy pinnys rarely come up for sale, and when they do, the sell very very quickly. Expect to pay $5500 upwards for a very nice one.

Also, Welcome to Aussie Pinball. If u need further help with dealer info, post back on here again.
P.S - Is the smokingjoe avatar name after the famous heavyweight boxer who recently passed away ?  !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 10:56:14 PM »
Good luck i Love this title heaps of fun.

Peter

Offline smokingjoe

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 11:26:38 PM »
Thanks for your reply ! It is not exactly a tribute to the boxer Joe , but i do think he was a great fighter . I like the ring of his nickname after a couple of people at work started calling me Smokingjoe . I am not young any more but i spar actual competative fighters at a boxing gym i go to . They obviously pull their punches somewhat otherwise it would be a bit overwhelming for me . I am actually friends with someone who in his prime use to be Joe Frazer's , George Foreman's and Muhammad Ali's sparing partner during their careers . He also managed or trained 7 world champions . Interesting some of his answers to my questions

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 11:29:59 PM »
I installed FG on my Shrek for a while , funny pin  :D.

Offline smokingjoe

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 02:10:46 AM »
Thanks to everyone's replies . I'm new to this game , so please excuse anything i haven't done quite right .

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 02:16:45 AM »
Thanks for your reply ! It is not exactly a tribute to the boxer Joe , but i do think he was a great fighter . I like the ring of his nickname after a couple of people at work started calling me Smokingjoe . I am not young any more but i spar actual competative fighters at a boxing gym i go to . They obviously pull their punches somewhat otherwise it would be a bit overwhelming for me . I am actually friends with someone who in his prime use to be Joe Frazer's , George Foreman's and Muhammad Ali's sparing partner during their careers . He also managed or trained 7 world champions . Interesting some of his answers to my questions

excellent. thanks for posting back...they were the great heavyweights...real fighters, real fights, not like todays shambles....
except for iron mike tyson, the rest have been boring except the greats of smokin joes era.

family guy is a great pinny, dont give up, keep looking...... ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 12:37:31 PM »
Thanks to everyone's replies . I'm new to this game , so please excuse anything i haven't done quite right .

You're right mate, gotta start somewhere.

Is there a special reason for chasing a FG? Fan of the series I'm guessing? Top playing game, I really enjoyed this when it came out. Nug and I got an hour on it at Bumper and I recall doing a big write up on RGP as the machines arrived here in Au before they were released in the US.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 02:34:45 PM »
There's still one in excellent condition at Luna park in Melbourne too. Fun game, good luck tracking one down.

Offline delarge

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 04:55:02 PM »
There's still one in excellent condition at Luna park in Melbourne too. Fun game, good luck tracking one down.

I played one in Noosa a few years ago that needed a tune up. Would like to own one down the track. Will have to check the one out at Luna Park next time I'm in Melbourne.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 05:11:42 PM »
There's been one for sale here in SA from a collector for $6k (HUO if that matters to you) since mid last year and not getting any bites. Personally I wouldn't be going over $5k unless it had been improved beyond factory specs.

I'm seeing a similar high price rationale with Batman Dark Knight as well - low production numbers doesn't always translate to a good game. It is a decent player, but not at $6k.

Another one on site about 5 minutes from where I live - again when I made inquiries, the op wanted $6k (primarily to recoup back 90% of what he paid for it since it makes virtually nothing on site - I remember watching when he emptied the cashbox for the sum of $12).

There was one on ebay early last year that went for $4800 - there's your benchmark.

Offline smokingjoe

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 09:53:10 PM »
Hey guys ,
I just want to take a quick survey whoever is interested .
Would you travel across Australia to check out a specific machine If there were none available in your state, or would it have to be more than one machine .
And if you didn't go , how could you prevent  any one ripping you off by taking your money and sending nothing .
I realise some may say to go through a reputable dealer . But other than that ?
And for those that would go , could you please tell me the step by step logistics of getting your new aquisition back home , and without any new dents and scratches .
Thanks very much in advance .
                                            Joe