Author Topic: Family Guy Pinball  (Read 482 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Family Guy Pinball
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 10:16:42 PM »
E-Go Transport ships pinball machines cheaply all over Australia at a reasonable cost (usually $300 or less to anywhere)

I wouldnt travel that far, unless i had 50 photos and I did so by plane-Jetstar etc. I have flown interstate 4 times to buy machines, and I treated it as a nice way to meet some nice people, have a fly and pick up n pack a good pinny to send home via TNT Transport or E-Go Transport.

See the dealers in Melb (or ring them n check their websites) and arrange to fly n see a machine if spending $5,000 or more.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Family Guy Pinball
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 08:48:00 AM »
It isn't really a case of a seller not sending anything but more of sending a machine that doesn't match the des.c.r.i.p.tion that was provided.

I have found that most collectors are honest and genuine in their des.c.r.i.p.t.ions and to be generally wary of those who provide vague or very brief des.c.r.i.p.tions about a machine's condition or poor quality out of focus photos taken at a distance from the other side of the room (and then refuse to provide better detailed photos or a more elaborate des.c.r.i.p.t.ion.)

If they don't adhere to your request for more photos/better des.c.r.i.p.t.ion I just move on to another machine to chase. Flying interstate says to me if I was a seller that there is a level of "gotta have it" for that particular machine and would probably be less flexible on price/negotiation once viewed in person. It is all about bargaining power in the pinball game and who has it (buyer or seller).

The alternative is to get a collector who you can trust and is local to the machine to inspect it in person under the pretense to the seller that they are interested in purchasing, they can then provide a detailed "in person" review of the machine.

As mentioned E-go is a good budget pinball shipper but are a bit slow when shipping to Perth. I shipped a pin from Adel to Perth last year and it took 10 working days. I actually watched it get loaded onto the truck and driven away at the Adel depot but it then ended up "in limbo" in Melb for a week and a half before getting to Perth a few days later safe and sound and in good working order.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 08:51:24 AM by pinsanity »