Author Topic: Pinball in the dark  (Read 169 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Pinball in the dark
« on: January 18, 2013, 09:28:45 PM »
Might have been raised before, but do you prefer to play pinball in a dark room or one lit up?

I for one prefer a lit room. I love the lights and stuff when it's dark but win an extra ball or jackpot and those flashers etc blind me and it can be game over. I find this especially true now with LEDs. So if I want to put up a good score it's lights on; for shear magic and who cares about the score, turn 'em off.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: Pinball in the dark
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 09:33:39 PM »
I dim the lights enough to clearly see the pf but not too bright

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 09:41:11 PM »
Just the GOTTLIEB neon sign to light the room and if i really get into a party mood then the oil wheel gets turned on also

Offline elkor-alish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 03:32:24 AM »
When I built my shed I deliberately installed dimmers so I could have just the right amount of light for optimum play.  ^^^
So I guess I'm half and half. I like just enough light to see but doesn't over power the machines own lighting.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 12:33:16 PM »

My main room has a low intensity light that works nicely for game play (but is annoying when I have to open a game for a quick fix!). I have a couple of games in a well lit area and they really suffer from not displaying their light shows that well.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”