Author Topic: Full Chrome Cabinet Kit - for Stern's  (Read 9574 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Full Chrome Cabinet Kit - for Stern's
« on: March 17, 2013, 12:40:10 PM »
Would love to fully chrome a machine out. Anyone get any reasonable prices to do it?

I have had various machines chromed out, and the pricing I recieve on the Gold Coast for various parts is as follows >

pinball legs, fully chromed @ $25 each
lockdown bar @ $50 each
side rails @ $50 each

Total to do a machine $250

The place I use does a excellent job, and the chroming is a thick chrome, not a minimalist chrome job which you get from alot of places. I think from memory they measure the thickness of the chrome layer in microns, and my guy only does the thicker job so his work stays beautiful for years to come.
I usually pay him cash upfront, which is why he gives me the pricing above, rather than charging apx 30 percent more if u ask to pay at the end. As they say, cash doesnt talk, it swears in every language.lol

If u dont live on the gold coast and u want chrome work done for a pinball machine, my advice is to shop around, there are plenty of chrome places to go to, and use my regular pricing as a reasonable gauge as to what u should be paying.

Also, dont use a place that sends the stuff off, try n find the largest chrome works u can find, u want to go to a large industrial style place that is the final stop on the ladder, deal direct with the factory that has all the chrome and chemical baths, cut out the middle man, which is what i do. Hope it helps Sgtmax.   
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !