Author Topic: Full Chrome Cabinet Kit - for Stern's  (Read 9533 times)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: Full Chrome Cabinet Kit - for Stern's
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 06:16:50 PM »
I priced up 4 legs and bolts from a place in Nerang and the owner quoted $360 cash. Told him he was dreaming, will never go back, my advice is to call around 1st. Pissed i wasted my time and fuel !*!

Heck $80 gets you a new cromed set?.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 06:25:08 PM »
I priced up 4 legs and bolts from a place in Nerang and the owner quoted $360 cash. Told him he was dreaming, will never go back, my advice is to call around 1st. Pissed i wasted my time and fuel !*!

Heck $80 gets you a new cromed set?.

$360 cash  %.% That price is a joke. I bought a set of polished Stern legs for approx. $120 from PL. Didn't add much to my freight and the quality was very good.

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 01:06:56 PM »

I wonder if they do black chrome.
[/quote]

Got this contact from Cavey

Gold Coast Powdercoating - Burleigh Heads
8 Kimberley Road
Burleigh Heads
0755 93 4366

they did black powdercoat for my lock down bar for $30. Excellent job

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 05:09:54 PM »
here is the link below for the electroplating place I use for all chrome work etc.

http://gold-coast-electroplating.com/

They USED to be next to the tip, or just around the corner from trailers 2000, but they sold that building to Bunnings for a few million and moved to Pine Ridge Road, just one kilometer accross the highway.

Ron is the owner and the old bloke I have always dealt with, or u can see anyone in the office, but the prices I have quoted before are cash, no receipt, no gst, paid on drop off to make things easier for all concerned and cheaper for you.

I also had a chat about why these imported pinball chromed legs just dont look anywhere near as good as the chrome finish this place gives, and the owner explained they use 30 microns of plating, compared to chineese/overseas places use use 5 microns at best. Hence the finish from the aussie business is far far superior.

Just see what the result is if u take anything here and u will see instantly what a job done properly looks like.
Also, what u see in the link, photos wise, is a third of the place, its huge. Largest in QLD, and close to the largest operation in Australia I am told. The other building was twice as big, but it seems they have streamlined things a bit more in these new business premises.

Link below >

http://gold-coast-electroplating.com/
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 05:14:11 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !