Author Topic: Sunday Pinball Questionnaire - part 70 - dendoc  (Read 7941 times)

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Sunday Pinball Questionnaire - part 70 - dendoc
« on: January 22, 2013, 12:39:20 PM »

1. Earliest pinball memory?In Lygon Street in the Late 70's. Cannot remember specific machines, and didn't understand them, but liked the fact multiple people could gather around them and drink/play/compete for minimum money.
2. All time favorite pin? Why?Have to be TZ, because it was my 3rd machine at home, and love getting into the rule set to discover different things. Also helped that I loved the TV series as a kid, that and "Night Stalker"
3. Favorite pinball manufacture?Stern at the moment because they are keeping the dream alive
4. Favorite game in your collection? Why?Purchased AC/DC Premium, and waiting for it to arive. It's like the girl you first spot at a party, but havent had the chance to talk to yet - the anticipation is the best bit (and may be in less trouble with my wife if i caress the machine rather than any girl?)
5. How long have you been collecting? Got my first machine in 1998 - Creature from Black Lagoon
6. First game and how did you find it? Was at a friends house and didn't want it any more, so I agreed to "mind it for him" for 2 years. Gave it back when I moved away though.
7. Do you still have it? See above, but when moved, bought a LW3 from ebay - poor condition but played well
8. What are you currently working on?trying to get my STNG back in working order with Beakys help after my sons moved/dropped it between their house moves. Going to do a LED replacement for TZ after that, then go for NIB machines to I don't stay awake at night wonder what I can do to fix things!
9. Most wanted game to add to your collection?WOZ
10. Best all time bargain game added to your collection?No luck with bargains, seem to pay too much.
11. Worst ever miss – tell us about the one that got away! nothing yet  - impulse buyer so don't miss too much
12. Worst ever purchase – tell us about the game you wished you never bought Bought a golf putting machine once - from Bumper. Nothing wrong with it, just took up too much room and my wife hated it and me until I had it taken away. Used to tilt to make the puts harder. Don't know what I was thinking. Made room for another pinball when I got rid of it though
13. Describe your collection TZ, STNG, Simpson PP, AC/DC (pending) WOZ ( most likely - have to talk wife into it), a cocktail sit down MAME emulator machine, a playboy pachinco, star trek pachillo
14. Describe your gamesroom Nothing special, just a weird open room just inside the front door. Good becuase it's so open it doesn't get hot, and always beckons.15. Do you have other games other than pinball? see above
16. Where can you see the hobby in 10 years? I think the younger generation will embrace it, and it will make a comeback. love to see someone open a retro lounge/bar, with tapas, cocktails so you could play some games, chat and appreciate the games in a social environment. My kids love playing the machines with me, more than their Xbox or Wii, so hope they will drive the deveolopers to keep making them, rather than pokies.