Author Topic: Come clean about a game  (Read 556 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Come clean about a game
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 09:22:28 AM »
KISS cops more floggings than the crew of the bounty on the forums, but it is still my all time fave.. simple easy to understand rules and it just looks simply stunning i reckon  *%*

Being the first machine i ever played back in the day (and THE one that started the obsession) its a sentimental fave for me as well, and mine is a keeper always, i used to tell people i'll be buried with that game  :lol

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 10:47:19 AM »
KISS cops more floggings than the crew of the bounty on the forums, but it is still my all time fave.. simple easy to understand rules and it just looks simply stunning i reckon  *%*

Being the first machine i ever played back in the day (and THE one that started the obsession) its a sentimental fave for me as well, and mine is a keeper always, i used to tell people i'll be buried with that game  :lol
I agree about Kiss. Everybody bags the the hell out of it. I used to play it as a kid and loved it. After all the bagging I started to belive it was crap not having played it in 30 odd years. Last year I was at a dealer to look at another game and he had a Kiss. I played it again and I still loved it.

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 10:50:44 AM »
Bally Supersonic. At a time when Bally was pumping out up to 300 machines per day from their factory, Supersonic was not as popular in the arcades as the other titles. I liked playing this one and although it was not in my top 10, I always had the odd 20c for a few enjoyable games. Still, they managed to produce over 10, 000.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 11:27:18 AM »
A few notes,

**I have a Gilligans, a Twister, a Congo and a Waterworld. I bought these machines cause everyone just bagged them to hell, but they are all very fun machines.
I will admit that Twister is a little too easy or a bit basic, but the DMD annimations are just superb, and the spinning magnetised disk on the playfield adds some randomness. All the above mentioned machines **, are excellent when shopped properly.

Almost every pinny I bought poeople bagged, but I never listened, and I am sooo glad i stuck with my gutt feeling.
Two machines I played which put me to sleep were Attack from Mars, and Scared Stiif, both over-rated badly n a real snoozefest to me.
If it wasnt for the Bally hype, these would be $2500 to $3000 machines maximum. At that price I might buy, but anything over those $$, nope.

I cant think of a machine which I didnt generally like, provided it wasnt massively over-priced.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ghali

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Kingsbury VIC
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 03:28:07 PM »
I will also out myself in reverse.

One title that seems to be really well liked that I cant stand is Tales From The Crypt.  I think it's the sound that send me over the edge.
VUK you!