Author Topic: Jurassic Park Flippers - pushing rather than smacking the heck out of the ball  (Read 342 times)

Offline ScottoKong

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
Hi All

After the talented Mr Beaky got my boards all sorted my JP is up and running.

Has been really playable up until the last week or so.

As in my description the flippers - now both left and right don't feel 100% - or the usual 150% that DE flippers feel!!!

I've cleaned contacts and made sure the EOS isn't engaging until the last 1/16th of the action.

Shots on the tip of the flipper just get pushed and the flipper doesn't get past horizontal.

About to place an order for some new EOS leafs, but does this potentially sound like a flipper board issue?

Any advice welcome.
Scotto
lowlife

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Were the fuse clips replaced? Is a must do in ALL D.E boards.

With power off gently press on the centre of the fuse on the flipper board (left side of lower cab). If the fuse clip gives way time to replace.  Check EOS as well on flippers

Offline ScottoKong

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD
Were the fuse clips replaced? Is a must do in ALL D.E boards.

With power off gently press on the centre of the fuse on the flipper board (left side of lower cab). If the fuse clip gives way time to replace.  Check EOS as well on flippers

Thanks Marty - I went and gave the fuse a little push.

F4 is rooted - gave way like butter.

I'll be talking to Beaky tomorrow.
Would my TFTC flipper board drop in OK for testing???

Scott
lowlife

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Don't know off the top of my head. You may have to check the manuals for part numbers. Either way fuse clips are a MUST before any other fault finding

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
all faulty fuse clips were replaced on the boards that were sent to me.
As Marty said this is a necessity. after the clips are replaced then you can check for further problems.

in some instances faulty fuses can cause problems also, especially when there has been faulty fuse clips replaced (fuses can run hot due to the bad connection to the fuse clip and damage the connection between the fuse ends and fuse wire inside the fuse) so if you are unsure replace the fuses.

After you have sorted the electrical side of things you will want to make sure that the flipper coils are held tight in place, you don't want your coils moving around.
also check that there is minimal moment in the flipper linkage between the pawl and shaft ( you will lose power / energy through excessive wear on any linkage / plunger on any solenoid in your machines)

also check that the flipper is not dragging on the playfield due to excessive wear in the flipper bush or the flipper is not to tight in the bush. (it should have some movement when you pull on the flipper)

make sure all the connections in the wiring to the flipper board is fine
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline ScottoKong

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD
Thanks for the input guys.

I didn't think to send u that board Andrew.
Might have a crack at changing those clips myself. Don't look too officially a job.

Scott
lowlife

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Thanks for the input guys.

I didn't think to send u that board Andrew.
Might have a crack at changing those clips myself. Don't look too officially a job.

Scott

+1

Just take your time and be careful not to lift tracks when removing, but essentially is a DIY job.  The 3AG fuse clips are available at Jaycar for a few dollars.
Ensure the correct value fuse goes back in.

Offline ScottoKong

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD

I've managed to replace the buggered clip on the flipper board. #*#
You haven't got competition Beaky, I'll be keeping my day job for now.
For once a 5 minute repair actually took 5 minutes!

It was for the 9v hold fuse and feels like everything has toughened up.

Still get an occasional bunt from the right flipper but I'm hitting heaps more ramps and solidly hitting the top lock.
Going to check the EOS later tonight.

Thanks again guys.
lowlife

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
well done, glad it went to plan
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline ScottoKong

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD
I'm on a roll now!

Today I've replaced a diode (D25) on my TFTC that was preventing adjustments from being saved.   :lol
lowlife

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
I'm on a roll now!

Today I've replaced a diode (D25) on my TFTC that was preventing adjustments from being saved.   :lol
well done mate  ^^^