Author Topic: AC/DC Cannon Mod  (Read 60927 times)

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Re: AC/DC Cannon Mod
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 03:51:49 PM »
Guys, the mod will come up good on a video. I will take some when I get some time.
In regards to the lighting, an interesting observation is that the existing lighting really highlights the cannon well, much better than the original cover. The red flasher to the right of the cannon lights up and reflects off the whole side as the cannon sits right next to it. The flasher goes on or pulses when the cannon is ready for action.
I think the apron and playfield led strobes could probably do more to enhance the cannon shots but this is something that LS could program in a software upgrade.
I found the cannon barrel is helpful in aiming for the targets and my shots are now 95% hits. The other day I hit a 98 million bonus cannon shot, definitely not one to miss.
The other thing you notice with the mod is when the ball loads, the cannon gives a slight shudder due to the ball weight. Never noticed with the original because it did not have the long barrel. Kind of looks good every time the ball loads, I actually like the cannon shot more now.
Like I said earlier, this mod is more of a prototype to test for robustness, fit and playability. So far it has worked well after about 50 games. As is, it is much better than the standard cannon.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,