Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 1514 times)

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
Thank you
« on: January 23, 2013, 11:04:59 AM »
Just a public thanks to Andrew for last nights marathon repair of my STNG, and TZ. Above and beyond the call of duty.
I'm a surgeon myself, and watching you work on those machines was like a day in the operating theatre. Putting all those things back in their right place, and order, was great to watch. And no bits left over like in surgery (jsut joking).
All working well now.

Just have to beat that bloody high score you left me with on STNG! #*#

catch you again for the next installment.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 01:52:43 PM »
Thanks John
It was a pleasure to work for you and meet your family.
I'm glad i was able to sort that problem with the top drop target on the STNG out. who ever tried to repair the problem nearly could not have wired a switch more incorrectly. and cause of the problem wasn't even switch it was the opto on the sub ramp.

I am happy to sort out your machines any time for you.

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 12:34:08 AM »
Just would like to extend a big thank you to Beaky as well. Used him for the first time during his Melbourne visit. I'm the worst when it comes to board repairs and so don't consider myself as an expert in assessing quality solder/pcb repairs but blind Freddy can see from the work done on my boards that this is superior work. If it wasn't for the sockets installed where the surface mounted chips were, I don't reckon anyone would know there was work done on the pcb's. The solder joints are machine like. And best of all, the work fixed my problem  $#$

So thanks mate for the help and speedy service and for those contemplating work done, I can highly recommend Beaky for quality, price and promptness.  ^^^
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 02:13:25 AM »
thanks Rob.
It was great meeting you.
I do find it a little silly that the only fuse to protect the neon circuit on a SWEP1 is a 4 amp slow blow fuse when the I.C. that is driving the neon is only rated at 0.5 amps  !@#
you would think there would be a small circuit board with a transistor or mosfet to switch the neon on and off instead of driving it straight off the ULN2803 I.C.
If I am missing something can any SWEP1 owners fill me in?
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)