Author Topic: Gary Stern talks Transformers Home Pin  (Read 1195 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Gary Stern talks Transformers Home Pin
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2013, 11:50:07 AM »
Hey strangways don't you love auto correction.......did you mean contraption or do we need to put a condom on this game  %.% now there's a thought  ^^^

Auto correction got me ! But I think I'll leave it as it was - It is worth the laugh !
+1 but don't you love it when you go all out to push your point, you vented everything to the max, you've solved all the worlds problems and then  @.@ I said what???  No thats not what I meant  &^&
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 11:54:30 AM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2013, 12:28:16 PM »
Hey strangways don't you love auto correction.......did you mean contraption or do we need to put a condom on this game  %.% now there's a thought  ^^^

Auto correction got me ! But I think I'll leave it as it was - It is worth the laugh !

I literally took it as meaning that the pill, er I mean Pin, is a pinball contraception form of the prevention of breeding new Pins. Might be a good thing if we do not see more baby Pins. &&
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2013, 12:51:03 PM »
Silly Queenslander

Settle down mate.
QLD is far better than the mexican states by a long shot!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2013, 01:46:03 PM »
Silly Queenslander

Settle down mate.
QLD is far better than the mexican states by a long shot!

and the background isn't blue!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2013, 03:42:55 PM »
As a self employed person I guess I am allowed to comment? However, i dont see that as making me or my opinions  special, and certainly have respect for all people who work behind a desk or not. Everyone's endeavours should be treated with respect.

This toy is a sad thing, a weak attempt by Stern to tap a home market which GS himself treated with disdain for years. I think it will fail for all the reasons members have mentioned. I can't fathom the idea that we should be positive about this and/or stern to influence 'lurkers'- they are entitled to hear the opinions of long time collectors, good or bad.

I never said my opinions or I was special. That was not written anywhere at all.

This is a classic example of how people read something and just make up their version out of nothing which to me is just comical.

I read all the other posts, and it seems we are talking different languages. I am talking half a glass full, and some others are talking half a glass empty.
I also didnt stop doing security because I thought the industry was negative, I had 2 x operations for cancer and melanoma, plus a 3rd operation which was unrelated to those other 2, and have had the last 9 months off.
The funny thing about a forum, is that people read a post, and completely interperet what is written about ten different ways.
Sometimes I sit here and wonder how people can take something that seems to be very straight forward, and just twist things to such a different level, that they are now talking about something completely different.

I thought we were talking about pinball on here, but some people just want to talk about other people and their different opinions and sometimes try n make the person with a different opinion be the minority with barbed comments.
Perhaps a few members on here should read the book Animal Farm. All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. Which isnt or shouldnt be the way. I am talking about Stern, and then some people are talking about me cause I have a different opinion. What the hell has my security industry got to do with Stern. An example, where we should be talking about the Pin or Stern, but not about the member cause a member has a different opinion....

It would have been nice to see some really positive comments after my long positive talk about promoting pinball and about focusing on positives etc. But when i woke up this morning and saw mostly negative comments as usual, it certainly didnt surprise me.

Anyway, I think the topic was Sterns Home Pin.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 03:46:41 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2013, 03:49:23 PM »
does anyone know of anyone in the USA who has played/demo'd this home model, and what are people saying about the home model on the other forums.....

has anyone talked about putting the kit together yet ? !@#

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2013, 04:04:50 PM »
Let me get this correct... you are allowed to post ALL your opinons which are 100% Stern this Stern that and how great they are, but we ( the rest of us) are not allowed to expand/ question/ disagree with said opinions even if WE ( the rest of us) feel they are just as valid to us as your are to you?

Your previous carrer was brought up because you said you only saw the positives in everything and yet you also posted sometime back that you had had enough of the security industry... do i really need to explain this???...WE ( the rest of us) understood the post as a comparitive post and the techniques used to sell a product... it was based around yourself so YOU could relate to it..
WE ( the rest of us) understood that... you obviously did not.

Mate.... i have to agree that you do need to lighten up a bit... we all try to keep any discussions etc a touch humorus.. be it with emitocons.. the odd sarcastic comment... even puppies!

You take all posts far too seriously.. step back a bit... see the positives in the quirky replies.. take a breath and above all else, if something is below par ( Stern The Machine) then admit it.. laugh at it.." nice try but no cigar" and all that.... we all are.. after all, it is a lemon at the end of the day

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2013, 04:24:38 PM »
I never said people werent allowed to post anything. This is another example where people stretch my words.

Perhaps I am not the only person who needs to lighten up then. Some people on here could also take their own advice when it comes to reading/digesting someone elses post which may be in total disagreement on a subject. The advice shouldnt only flow one way.
Maybe some others could lighten up as well and talk about the subject at hand versus aiming comments at the member because he has disagreed on something or because that person feels a different way. Sound fair enough ?  !@#

also u say its a lemon, i say its not....there is no right or wrong, so why shld i admit its a lemon....see what i mean...!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 04:27:02 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2013, 04:27:53 PM »
does anyone know of anyone in the USA who has played/demo'd this home model, and what are people saying about the home model on the other forums.....

has anyone talked about putting the kit together yet ? !@#

can anyone add anything to this.  !@#

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2013, 04:33:47 PM »
I never said people werent allowed to post anything

Oh dear.. cors you didnt, but you do seem to get upset and bit uptight when someone doesnt agree with you..

.. again.. you havent understood the post or the context it was written in.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2013, 04:36:10 PM »
toucheeee. (meant to say tooshay).lol

are they Stern dogs...where are the Stern collars ?  

maybe a puppy pinball would sell really well to ladys/female market ?lol

Its all good Gav, I agree and understand u now.

Brett  ^^^
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 06:23:41 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2013, 04:59:54 PM »
Animal farm.... Haven't read the book but loved the movie with John belushi....double  @.@

Couldn't resist lets get back onto topic and see how many for's and against's there are.

I'm a no for this model
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2013, 05:33:52 PM »

I'm a no for this model

Not at the price.
$1499.99 and not a cent more, perhaps I would consider.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Redback

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2013, 05:40:07 PM »
Nice puppies,

Pin is fulgy.  At least they had a go.  Hopefully those that purchase enjoy,

Red
Found hobby, now need coin

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2013, 06:47:49 PM »

Couldn't resist lets get back onto topic and see how many for's and against's there are.

I'm a no for this model

I'm a no also and not just for this theme. I personally wouldn't spend the money be it 3K or half that amount because I want the real thing and not the pretend version. But that's just me,  I've no problem with anyone else wanting to buy one though, each to there own, if you enjoy it good luck to you. I'd still like to hear from anyone familiar with the Pro or LE version to see what they think of the layout/look of the toy version though.

I also think that If Stern wanted to produce a machine to use up there spare parts or target a new market or whatever the case maybe, then in this case they should have re branded it so as not to negatively affect the "Stern" brand. I mean that in a positive way too. I'm glad Stern are still making pinball where others have pulled out of the market and I hope that they grow and innovate but this machine isn't the path for that.