Author Topic: Joker Poker - Only taken me a year to start it !  (Read 980 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Re: Joker Poker - Only taken me a year to start it !
« on: April 15, 2012, 03:18:46 PM »
Nothing to get too excited about here boys - just a white box - but I have to kill an hour or 2 between coats so I thought I may as well chuck a couple of pics up....

The whole cabinet ( and backbox sides ) have been filled with a timber filler and then sanded back with 180 paper and then any spots I may have missed were re-filled and then the whole cab was sanded with 400 paper - it felt quite 'smooth' at that point.

2 coats of primer were done, sanding lightly in between with the 400.
I will do 3 coats - LIGHT coats - of the 'Satin' white base.

One coat on here ....

And this side in the shot below is completely finished.
It is really smooth and I tried to take an image that could show that ( difficult to do ).

I did miss filling a couple of TINY spots but I doubt anyone other than me ( or bloody Nino  :lol ) would notice them
It looks a little glossy near the rear stand but it isnt that bad - I think the camera flash created the extra light in this shot so that reflection came out worse than what it is.

I definitely wouldnt use GLOSS paint and I didnt want that awful 'feel' of FLAT paint ( the 'chalkboard feel ) - so I went with the Satin finish as it sits right in between ( well in my mind it does )

So by the end of Sunday night I should have the base white done on the cabinet and backbox.
I still have to spray the globe door and the BG frame as that is BLACK at the moment.

Next main job will be to do the 'toothbrush splatter' of black dots on this base white
Will practice that first on some spare board  - bit scared of this it to be honest  !@)

DW Drums rule !