Author Topic: Working the priority list...  (Read 284 times)

Offline vinito

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
Re: Working the priority list...
« on: April 08, 2009, 06:04:02 PM »
Think this comes with getting older

Could simply be the age by itself, but a compounding factor I find in my personal oldness is that I know how to do stuff finally. And of course, once I know how to do something right, I'm not nearly as interested in doing it as much.

I used to think up all kinds of cool things to do to the house. I'd sit around and brainstorm & pipe dream all the time. These days I'm satisfied with a dry place to sleep, indoor crapper, and temperature control takes it to the stylin' side.

Yea I must have got pretty used to the way things were after a while. Now that the front room is done, the adjacent room, which used to be the "nicest" one I had, looks like total crap. I'll give it a once-over and spruce it up a little and leave it at that for a while. I probably won't walk through any walls, but I do find that I have to get up and stare at the "new room" every once in a while, just to bask in the success I guess.

Oh, by the way...
One nice thing I did was install magic switches. It all communicates via the power lines and I can switch & dim everything with a universal remote. Pretty cool. Not really a big deal, but everybody seems pretty blown away to think of a house being remote controlled. The stuff is pretty easy and not very expensive. Even a slacker like me can hook it all up.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 06:09:22 PM by vinito »
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.