Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 131933 times)

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #300 on: May 21, 2015, 11:20:59 AM »
The clear on the test pinball that we have all seen in the Stern videos is definitely much better than recent efforts.

TWD LE in my showroom has had 100 plays. It has that many craters, it looks like the surface of the moon. In fact, Greg ordered a second playfield for the game to have clearcoated properly. This was a constant issue he had with the quality of the clearcoat on all late model sterns. Almost half his LE's have spare playfields for exactly the same reason. Stern have definitely made a change with the clearcoat quality we all see in the video.

I know there's a bit of mucking around about this (& I'm the 1st to love a joke) but it is important. The diamond-plate on the Williams games is still being polished to this day - if they were huo & cared for they look almost new after 20-odd years. Even if hammered on route they often look decent. I've seen an ac/dc machine badly dimpled after 100 games. I'm buying a Kiss (with sentiments like spacejam - big ac/dc fan but this is the machine that i have to have) - as a bnib buyer I want the p/f to last. My guess is so do most buyers - or at least they will if they end up selling in a few years. I like the look of this clearcoat - I hope it is thick & cures rock-hard.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.