Author Topic: Bugs Bunny Reproduction Ramp Quality Discussion  (Read 8848 times)

Offline Pinballace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Bugs Bunny Reproduction Ramp Quality Discussion
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2016, 02:40:13 PM »
What material are those molds made out of? Positioned on the pallet makes it look heavy

Note the two primary feeder tubes protruding from the foreground mold used to vacuum the air from the mold itself during the process.

The manufacturing process works on vacuforming a raw plastic substrate which is heated and then a series of tubes on the underside essentially draws the air out and forms the plastic to the shape of the mold itself so there is no need for a second mold half.

I have also attached a pic of the underside of another original BW ramp mold showing the hollow underside and the series of tubes I mentioned as part of the vacuforming process (again all these pics are courtesy of PinballInc.)

I have many more photos of original BW ramp molds if you are interested.  *%*

Thanks for posting the photo's!  I haven't seen those in a couple years.  As for the "feeder tubes" those are actually water lines used to cool the tooling between "pulls".  When the tooling is used there is a wood bottom (not shown) covering that entire bottom cavity.  The wood has a big hole with a flange which the vacuum line is hooked up.  Sometimes when the tool has a really big cavity on the bottom (usually from parts which are "tall" and require a taller tool) the cavity will be filled with plastic balls to help fill the space and provide a better vacuum when you have a lower vacuum capacity.  
The ramp business was very very good to me.

Offline Pinballace

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2016, 03:00:56 PM »

I wasn't interested in all the political garbage contained in the various rude and arrogant posts.
I simply stated what was told to me by the person who made me the ramps. It's a shame the various ramp sellers don't have a good healthy professional relationship. There seems to be some butt hurt going on all these years later.
Is it because their is competition & one seller doesn't have a monopoly, is it because someone had a court case and a bad outcome, or just two personalities don't like each other. Obviously, when Mark purchased various items from that Illinois Pinball container deal, someone somewhere didn't like the fact that he had got various items. But no need to take it out on the person who buys ramps from someone else other than the USA sellers.

Since you want to know I can tell you.  It's because you keep running your mouth about things which you have no clue.  As I stated, get your facts from someone with integrity and doesn't have to lie to feel big.  That and quit being a lap dog...maybe it will change your diet. 

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2016, 04:14:35 PM »
Whatever ! Think about it first next time, Pinballace, how was I supposed to get information from anyone else on the bugs bunny ramps when I was dealing with the one person 5 years ago who said he could fill my order. You could NOT fill my order after I enquired to you. You said you didn't have BB molds.

Why not just do a polite response to give your opinion ? Why not stay professional ? Why the rudeness & arrogance. Is that the way you treat people who buy off your competitor.
Some people on here,
Any excuse to bag someone hey who has a different opinion or was given different information.
It amazes me just how much hate & cynical negativity some grown men carry year after year. It's only 3 or 4 out of a few thousand members but it does get comical.

The same few haters don't worry me in the slightest.
I feel pity for people who have nothing better to do than to be nasty to other people to make themselves better.
I mention Bugs Bunny ramps & you would think someone had burnt down a church.
To the 3 or 4 haters, I say get over it and stick to pinball versus the pathetic personality attacks.

As for the lapdog client, so pathetic and so unprofessional from a guy who wants to call himself a professional in the pinball industry.

You didn't answer my question, are you making & producing all the Bugs Bunny ramps like Mark is ?

How is someone a lap dog because that person bought a set of ramps off your competitor 5 years ago ?
I thought you had more brains than that but obviously u carry butt hurt all these years later.
Go take a Valium.
The thread isn't a xyz ramp maker versus another xyz ramp maker.
People can support whoever they want.
I wasn't promoting Mark over anyone else, I simply stated I was lucky enough to get ramps made when I desperately needed them.
Then as someone thinks one ramp maker is getting a positive review, the other camp goes mental. Settle down.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 04:35:40 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2016, 05:19:40 PM »
On the topic of vacuform molds , the Scared Stiff repro slingshots that were for sale (from Wayne) many years ago, were they from the original mold or did somebody remake the form?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2016, 05:27:59 PM »
A note to the mods.
The title of the thread has now been changed ?  To
BBunny Reproduction ramp quality.

The discussion was never about the quality of these ramps.
The ramps are perfect.

The thread came into existence because a comment was made about who had molds for the ramps.
The conjecture is whether the party I purchased the ramps from has the original BBunny molds or not that came out of the Illinois Pinball containers that the person purchased.

I am still waiting to find IF the USA supplier has the original BBunny ramp molds (and photos to prove same) and if not, does the USA seller produce the ramps for BBunny or ever had using "any" molds, original or not.

The point being that one seller who claimed to have the molds could and did produce the ramps.
The other seller five years ago said he didn't have the mold and couldn't produce.

Maybe Mark has the original mold. Maybe he has other originals, maybe he hasn't.
Only the person who unpacked the Illinois Pinball containers would know.
The other point being, is does it matter if the ramps are made from the original mold or a new mold.
As long as the product is quality, that's what matters. AND obviously IF the seller can supply the ramp u want to start with.

Most people on here have heard that Nino runs RTBB and supplies ramps.
Obviously it is worthwhile to always support the forum and its sponsors etc before getting quotes from other local Aussie ramp suppliers. Support local business and explore all pinball suppliers to keep healthy competition kicking along.
There is no argument that the ramps RTBB supplies are top quality.
Obviously RTBB gets them from his USA supplier and that arrangement benefits pinheads in Australia.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 05:38:07 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2016, 05:30:33 PM »
A man can only use the info that is told to him. The whole ramp making/ ownership then sell back is very confusing to those not in that inner sanctum.
Ramps that were made that otherwise wouldn't have been made - is a win for the consumer.

Thanks for posting up the pics and the explanations.

I follow the Engineer Guy regularly on YT  -
some may be interested in the Injection Molding process

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2016, 05:55:58 PM »
The real story was that 2 x Bugs Bunny machines with broken ramps were saved because I could secure the ramps from a Aussie supplier.

Without those ramps, the machines would never have come back to life.

The molds and the rest of the political hoo haaa and the bad relationships & bad feelings about who did and didn't get what from whatever container was never the point.

2 x fixed/saved machines with new ramps was the story.
Hopefully the butt hurt & ramp supply ongoing war issues can be put behind us unless anyone wants to banter on about that for another ten pages.

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2016, 06:54:18 PM »
What I would like to know is if any Gottlieb ramp tooling exists?
PBR have some random NOS ramps but often not complete sets

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2016, 07:06:21 PM »
I just want to know one thing. If I decide to make a walking dead topper, identical or even of a lesser quality, and maybe sold cheaper than stern. Does that make it ok for the industry? Would Gary be happy? Would Stern be happy for someone's good fortune in getting a better price or product they currently do not manufacture. Maybe I can make Metallica LE's any buyers
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Pinballace

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2016, 07:06:46 PM »
The real story was that 2 x Bugs Bunny machines with broken ramps were saved because I could secure the ramps from a Aussie supplier.

Without those ramps, the machines would never have come back to life.

The molds and the rest of the political hoo haaa and the bad relationships & bad feelings about who did and didn't get what from whatever container was never the point.

2 x fixed/saved machines with new ramps was the story.
Hopefully the butt hurt & ramp supply ongoing war issues can be put behind us unless anyone wants to banter on about that for another ten pages.

You're really ill-equipped to handle an intellectual conversion aren't you?  You run your ill-informed mouth about things which you are clueless and when the person that knows the real truth corrects you all we get is a bunch of mindless babbling about more of that which you are clueless.  Call me a bus cuz I took you to school...it isn't my fault you're too ignorant to learn.  

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2016, 08:48:44 PM »
Wrong . I am sensing a lot of butt hurt after all these years still about those molds your competitor scored.
You didn't school me on anything.
You repeatedly ignored the questions regarding do u make or sell all the bugs bunny ramps or have the BB mold !
I know u don't cause five years later you aren't making them but Mark is.
You said five years ago you didn't have the mold and couldn't make them.
So u hide behind insults.

It is obvious that Mark did get the original Bugs Bunny mold out of the Illinois Pinball container with a lot of other molds like he said & you don't like it !
Oh well. No use crying over spilt milk, especially five years later.  <..>

« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 09:01:57 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2016, 09:00:59 PM »
Jesus Cavey.. do something for the forum and shut up will you?
You' ve taken me back off ignore so I know you will see this.... let it go as you have no idea what a quagmire of shit you are splashing in.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2016, 09:11:12 PM »
Shut up yourself Gavin. Pinballace isn't your wife. He doesn't need you to hold his hand.
These people make personal attacking insults then get butt hurt when u defend yourself because you state something you were told in good faith five years ago.
There is no need for anyone with butt hurt over ramps to take their shit out on me.

The original sentence was about getting a couple of machines fixed with new ramps and some idiots turned it all into butt hurt about ramp molds and the ramp wars the various sellers had years ago.
Tell the people to shut up who hijacked the thread and steered it towards political bullshit and the member who contacted Pinballace to come on and play alpha ramp man over molds and his ramp territory.

Again, a few idiots hijack a thread to start a shit fight.
Grown men ? Yeh right.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2016, 09:16:14 PM »
Shut up yourself Gavin. Pinballace isn't your wife. He doesn't need you to hold his hand.
These people make personal attacking insults then get butt hurt when u defend yourself because you state something you were told in good faith five years ago.
There is no need for anyone with butt hurt over ramps to take their shit out on me.

The original sentence was about getting a couple of machines fixed with new ramps and some idiots turned it all into butt hurt about ramp molds and the ramp wars the various sellers had years ago.
Tell the people to shut up who hijacked the thread and steered it towards political bullshit and the member who contacted Pinballace to come on and play alpha ramp man over molds and his ramp territory.

Again, a few idiots hijack a thread to start a shit fight.
Grown men ? Yeh right.

Yep.. didn't think so.. have it your way then

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2016, 09:18:46 PM »
I just want to know one thing. If I decide to make a walking dead topper, identical or even of a lesser quality, and maybe sold cheaper than stern. Does that make it ok for the industry? Would Gary be happy? Would Stern be happy for someone's good fortune in getting a better price or product they currently do not manufacture. Maybe I can make Metallica LE's any buyers

Good question.
It gets down to copyright.
Ask someone like Pinnies4me who knows all about this stuff.
If there is a market for something, go for it, but stay within the law obviously on any Mod parts.
Maybe working with the manufacturer would be a good idea. Mods under licence is a win win.
Speak to Stern if u are serious. Swinksy makes a lot of great mods and has researched what to do to stay within the law etc.