Aussie Pinball Forums > Restorations

Stern Elvis Restoration

<< < (2/5) > >>

Strangeways:
Time to go to town documenting and stripping the playfield. This is where I take photos of everything and upload to my cloudspace.

There are a lot of Hex Posts on this machine, and they would be easy to mix up.

So each post is labelled and then I take the photo of that area. I polish the Hex Spacers individually, as they are aluminum, and not very shiny at all. 

After removing the posts and other hardware, the playfield is bare.

Time to mask up the siderails and start the cleaning and polishing stage to brighten up the playfield.

Very pleased with the result.

:D

Strangeways:
The Metal guides and other hardware are given a good clean in the ultrasonic, regrained and installed. Posts and similar are tumbled. Re assembly started ..

Coming together nicely. Lots of color...

No stone unturned.. or left unclean !

() ()

pinnies4me:
Nice! Great artwork (for Elvis fans) on this game.

Strangeways:
Having been severely impacted by Lockdowns, I managed to make progress in between. It seems RTBB Parts sales go through the roof during the lockdowns and then when we can finally do restoration work, I TRY to get as much done, as quickly as possible. So this resto was VERY "stop and start" and then bolts to the finish line.

Drop Targets rebuilt with new targets and decals.

On just about every Elvis that is reconditioned or restored, I NEVER seen the mini playfield replaced ? They are cheap and easy to replace..

MASSIVE Difference !

The headbox had a few issues, and I thought it would be an easy fix, but it was not. I ended up repainting a large section on each side. I'm not a huge fan of doingg this kind of work. I wish the decals were available. If I had more time, I'd get then scanned properly..

Now all I have to do is clear and sand the touch ups.

Apologies - Not much time was spent documenting the re assembly, as I had no idea how much time I could spend on the game, so I just kept working on it. Most of the playfield is done at this stage - the new plastic set, rubbers and my favorite LEDS - Ablaze Premium Ghostbusters.

Incandescent Flashers are installed just for testing. This playfield POPS with LEDS and WHITE rubbers !

I've installed the Tilt Graphics Gameblades - and they look AMAZING. VERY durable. Quality is EASILY best I've seen.

Really pleased with the added features on this game... But there's more !

ddstoys:
Looks great .    These lockdowns sure add challenges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version