Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 26374 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2012, 04:08:37 PM »
I thought i was a little confused about what was what when 3 versions of the game were available.... now i know that i am actually confused

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2012, 04:11:16 PM »
3 or 4 versions?  :lol

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2012, 05:06:56 PM »
didnt i say Gary Stern would put something out saying "we have responded to demand for the LE model".  ^^^ ^^^

it just makes sense to do another high end LE run. He shld either just do another identical 300 LE back in Black, and another 200 LE Let there be rock machines, that way all the previous (first) buyers of the LE models still have the same model and will not complain (hopefully) or if he does a super LE as they have put it, then some people who have bought the original Premium will/might think they have got the 2nd best version, not the best version.

either way, exciting times. Now u can see why i just ordered the Pro, cause i just knew there would be another LE run, which i can pick up later.
also, see how they used the word, machines can change etc etc etc, maybe the ugly head will go, and the playfield artwork might be upgraded/changed.

makes u think about just holding off til u can see ALL the models. I wonder how many people are chopping n changing their orders now ? more so Pro or Premium machine buyers ??  !@#
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 08:04:01 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2012, 06:28:43 PM »
You may be right Brett,this LE problem will always come up if you uderestimate how many you need to produce.This title was always going to be a big seller,so no doubt Stern have stuffed up with their numbers.After the LE version sold out so quick i thought as many would have,WHY limit it to 500 when it should have been 1k produced.This whole thing with so many models it was only a matter of time that this issue would arise.If they do decide to make more LE models they at least have to keep to the same theme as with the 2 versions already produced.If i had already bought an LE version i would be pissed off as if it was advertised as a run of 500 in total then it should never be produced again.The quote given that,with the super LE"s we are responing to market demands suggests to me that they are going to make more of the high end models,not the Premium as they are already not limited in numbers.I will be making a call to Bruce tomorrow to advise to keep my deposit but to hold off on my order as i want to see what developes first.If the chance to buy the LE high end version becomes available i feel that i should be given a chance to buy if it does get made.You only have to read between the lines in that update that Stern have a backup plan to produce more if they decided to. 

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2012, 06:40:57 PM »
Rumour is possibilty of another Le run with different song title! GS underestimated the run!@!@

I hope not, not enough TRON LEs, to many TF LEs, AC/DC should be left as is. i thought
the whole idea of the Premium model was to meet market demand with a "complete" game  !@#
+1

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2012, 06:47:05 PM »
gee, its a bloody catch 22 now. dammed if they do, dammed if they dont.

IF they produce identical LE's to the original 500 (200 back in Black and 300 Let there be Rock) then this protects the 500 buyers for the first batch LE owners. But even if its the same exact machine some will complain. I think it is fair to say 50% of people buying the first LE were going to sit on a LE, kept New in Box to then resell n make a dollar. The other 50 % who are keeping to play, and hoping for big resale because of a small original production run, will now see the $ resale pricing come down, which is an overall good thing for the pinball market.

Personally, if u are a buyer of the first LE run, and u dont like it so to speak, and then cancel, there will be many many people wishing to take over that LE machine, so Stern and its dealers, and the public still win. I say Stern shld do another run for all those who missed out. Thats only fair to all people in the pinball hobby. The people who put their deposits down for the original LE run shouldnt complain at all really, cause the LE machines HAVE NOT even be made yet, and none haver been distributed, so they have lost nothing. If the new LE run is different, well no one can complain either, because the original 500 LE owners still have a limited number machine only, and the new LE machine will be different, therefore its then different, probably priced the same as the original LE, maybe even higher to cash in on demand.

Either way, the pinny hobby wins if more machines get made. some will disagree, but its fairer to those who miss out, which will be numbered alot higher than those who did get a LE. More i reckon is better for all parties. (example - someone who has a LE Back in Black can now also pick up a LE Let there be Rock and so on. That works well in that regard)  !@#
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 06:54:58 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2012, 07:36:31 PM »
maybe a SPECIAL PREMIUM model... and leave the LEs as they are, like I said, the
whole idea of the PREMIUM model is so players can have the complete game.

And if they keep doing extra LE runs it defeats the purpose of having a Limited Edition
to start with.

If you want an LE you have to get in early, have your order in before the cut off,
put down a big deposit and then wait and hope for several months that they
produce a good game...  *%*

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2012, 07:59:24 PM »
maybe a SPECIAL PREMIUM model... and leave the LEs as they are, like I said, the

And if they keep doing extra LE runs it defeats the purpose of having a Limited Edition
to start with.

If you want an LE you have to get in early, have your order in before the cut off,
produce a good game...  *%*

the only problem is, that alot of people, incl me, only knew about the LE model when it was over completely.
Also, a company like Strern, shldnt offer a product, and get people to committ many thousands of dollars, for a product the client hasnt even seen. Thats not fair on the client. Does taht mean if u want to buy a LE model, u have to gamble, be a pschcic.Also, alot of people just buy LE machines to sit on, never opened and its drives the resale price up, again, making it unfair for the buyer who missed out. If anyone who has secured a LE is wondering what i mean, give up your LE to someone else, then try n buy one. You wont be able to (perhaps). The re-release of the addition LE models makes it alot fairer for everyone, which is the aussie way of doing things i reckon.More machines cant hurt anyone. Time will tell. A re-release will make more people happy than those unhappy.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 08:01:33 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2012, 08:00:21 PM »
produce a good game...  

LOL - that still reminds me of the cockney barrow boys in London..... "alright ladies.... whos gonna give me ten quid for whats on my mind?"...

... youd be suprised how many tenners are handed over

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2012, 08:18:57 PM »
produce a good game...  

LOL - that still reminds me of the cockney barrow boys in London..... "alright ladies.... whos gonna give me ten quid for whats on my mind?"...

... youd be suprised how many tenners are handed over

classic  %.%

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2012, 08:21:11 PM »

to start with.

produce a good game...  *%*

this is a good point  if you ordered a LE at this stage your putting your money down on a Unsighted game
so shouldn't you get that little something  special  .... your the one paying 9+ grand on a game that no ones seen, there are unlimited Premiums available for those who missed the LE

and really the difference between a LE and a Prem is a 12" sub woofer a shaker , back glass instead of a Translight and  cabinet cosmetics and paper work
that said  Stern changed the amount of LE Transformers    nobody jumped up and down then

I think its time Stern broke there word again.......  2nd run of Spiderman Black  maybe some more Tron LE  and not forgetting they only did about 200 - 250 Avatar LE-
hell i'd be hanging for a T3 LE Silver Edition

« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 08:24:00 PM by Greg »
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2012, 08:25:12 PM »
HIGHWAY TO HELL VERSION  ^^^

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2012, 08:37:16 PM »
HIGHWAY TO HELL VERSION  ^^^

ok  I'd swap my BIB for a HTH   LOL
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2012, 09:01:32 PM »
u guys made some good points.  why cant Stern do another LE run for Tron, Avatar and say Spiderman Black etc.  !@#
I cat see why u shldnt be able to contact Bruce at AMD, or any of the Stern Aussie dealers, and ask for a specific model in a specific title.
I would love a Tron Le and a Avatar LE. Why cant a order be put thru, and Stern USA just makes it. Its not like they dont have the ability or the parts sitting there.

Just to make a comparison, you can go to Ford or Holden and ask for a certain model and have various changes and add ons done at the factory. Even HSV used to invite people to the factory and let u watch your car actually being made on the production line, with the extras or the mods being put on. Now thats customer attention.
Why cant Stern make a machine to order in its stock standard original configuration.

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2012, 10:08:22 PM »
ACDC buyers if you get a chance check out the vid on you tube posted by tattyadams,gives a good look at the machines gameplay.This thing is very quick and with 2 machines side by side it is worth a look.The guy playing it does not need a shaker motor either  ^^^.I do not know how to post the link,so if someone can, thanks.