Author Topic: Better later than never - my intro to th forum  (Read 1565 times)

Offline JRK1971

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Better later than never - my intro to th forum
« on: April 12, 2011, 12:17:57 AM »
Been out in the shed working on the Little chief. Took a couple of photos....

The Countdown was bought in 1992, back then there was no Internet to ask for help from. I bought a 2nd hand Gottlieb EM repair manaul for $40 from Leisure and Allied in Hindmarsh (was big bucks back then). I rewired it and repaired the electronics in 2008; then I got married, had twins and... well now Im back on to it :tumble:

The pics show the machine tonight, complete with dust. I've got parts to chuck in the playfield - targets etc (from PBResource - unreal... $#$ Wish these guys were available in the old days.

The little chief needs a cabinet repaint, im still working through the electrical and steppers, but it does play correctly except for the match unit and Eject advance unit.

The Meteor plays well, just need to change a couple of incorred playfield parts and fix what I think is a power supply issue (machine resets intermittantly when RH flippers are activated).

The Surfer I bought already restored, its in fab condition, just needs new flipper coils installed (got em now), its going straight to the study (haven't got a pool room). In the photo its temporarily sitting in the lounge room.  #@# Can't bear to stick it in the shed (I'd have to upgrade the shed...)