Author Topic: Stern Quicksilver High End Restoration  (Read 9234 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Stern Quicksilver High End Restoration
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 04:10:59 PM »
Here's the original door with the non original paint and rivets ;

Painted and straightened door with decals from Pinball Rescue. Legs installed with black pincabs and the legbolt protectors ;

Playfield coming together nicely. New posts are placed in position with rubbers adjusted accordingly ;

The ball guide and baffle were in bad shape. I had to plate the guide several times, but it came out well in the end. Lock down bar assembly is painted with a metal paint that I've found to be very durable.

LEDs installed with Pinball Rescue plastic set. I used the factory rubber post caps and the green superbands as they fitted in well. The factory pop bumper caps were used as they looked better than the reproductions.

The apron was originally black, but according to the flyer, it should be green. It was really hard to match the green, as the only pictures were from the internet. Lucky for me, I have a collector who has an original green apron, and the color looked very close to the best photo online. Even more lucky, the collector has an Eight Ball. They are almost exactly the same - which worked out well, as I have the exact Eight Ball apron paint.

Playfield really pops with the plastics installed.

I don't like the long #6-32 machine screws that protrude from under the playfield and are fixed to the lane guides with a nut. The result is a very long, excessively long, machine screw poking above the lane guide. So I replaced them with standard machine screws, top mounted with T-Nuts under the playfield. Looks HEAPS better !

Just look at this playfield !!

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia