Author Topic: Stern re-release Ironman  (Read 2146 times)

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
Re: Stern re-release Ironman
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2014, 06:43:38 PM »
HUO IM already popped up on Gumtree.

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2014, 07:14:23 PM »
thats me  ()

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2014, 07:21:49 PM »
Is a new one worth $1,500+ on the original? Might be missing something, but the game play will be exactly the same?

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2014, 07:33:18 PM »
Is a new one worth $1,500+ on the original? Might be missing something, but the game play will be exactly the same?

Question is what is the original worth with this new release coming out .

Offline JohnBryce0712

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2014, 07:57:44 PM »
I have one on the way from amd in July. :) my 10 yr old is more excited than me. He loves ironman and all that avengers crap.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2014, 08:06:50 PM »
Why re release it? I just don't get Sterns way of doing things.. you get heavies, mediums and lights.. some are limited, others are not until production stops. but seeing as Stern wont release numbers sold we don't know if the light ended up selling less than the heavy. So in fact, one could be more limited than the other.

Roll on a few years and a few successful titles under their belts and they release.. wait for it.. Mustang!.. a complete mish mash of parts and artwork that really has no relevance to a classic Mustang car at all.. even has a horse neighing in the sounds ( do me a favour!!!).
It wouldn't be too hard for a critic to wonder whether Stern, looking to recoup some losses from Mustang ( cant be that many losses.. its a bitser machine made from left over stuff from the shelf), then decide to re release a known good title that is a proven player. I actually question whether Stern know what a good player is or how its achieved... seems to me they are so hit and miss that they have no real idea.

Now, im not saying that they shouldn't do this, but to be quite frank, it really is a piss take on 1st issue IM owners. A game has run.. its run is over. If you want to re release the title then make IM2. The great games become highly collectable which IM is.. people part with good money to own one, then along come the makers and take a lot of that value away with a remake. Stern just have no respect for their own market.

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2014, 08:15:14 PM »
herehere $%$ $%$
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2014, 08:55:02 PM »
I have made the decision to not buy (sadly) as I love the game but since I am still in my contracted probation period (6months) I just can't risk spending my spare cash on a game of that value.

On a side note I do agree with tonyt, that the design and 99% of the programming has already been done the first time around with Stern only really needing to cover the renewed licence, parts, a little bit of re-developing the new moulded toys and some basic game features. In addition the game is technically basic in toys and layout compared to say Star Trek but now is the most expensive ever Stern Pro as it includes the latest $100USD passed on Stern price increase now costing $7.1k.

Still keen to see pics and maybe get one some day from the secondhand market.

It is believed that Stern are doing a 3-4 week run of them which is believed to be 300-400 games with 1 container coming to Aus (about 20-25 machines) which will make that about 50 total IM's in Aus (25 old, 25 new).

« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 08:59:11 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2014, 09:04:35 PM »
interesting to note that AMD's website lists Mustang, Star Trek, AC/DC and Metallica Pro's all at $6950, so the IM pro will hit a new high of another $150 on top - wonder what the sale price limit will be for a Pro, which then means a Premium gets to about $9.1k and then a LE getting to $10.5k.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 09:20:50 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2014, 09:39:35 PM »
Just for something different, a thread about a new machine full of negativity. 
Addicted to pins.

Offline JohnBryce0712

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2014, 09:51:55 PM »
I don't mind the negativity. Everyone has a right to their opinion. Mine is I'm going to get it, have beers, play it, have more beers and enjoy pinball. I did almost buy a mustang too.... Cool car game and nice art work IMO.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2014, 09:55:48 PM »

Spot on mate and it's the "SAME CLICKY GROUP" I put it down to jealously get over it guys!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 09:57:53 PM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2014, 10:10:18 PM »
I don't mind the negativity. Everyone has a right to their opinion. Mine is I'm going to get it, have beers, play it, have more beers and enjoy pinball. I did almost buy a mustang too.... Cool car game and nice art work IMO.

You getting one John? Nice one mate I'll look forward to the pics :-)

Peter.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:33:08 PM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2014, 10:13:51 PM »

Spot on mate and it's the "SAME CLICKY GROUP" I put it down to jealously get over it guys!

Do be bloody serious.. Stern re release a title and its open to discussion. You will have your opinion and I will have mine. Jealous of what? An overpriced remake of a pin that has supposed to have stopped production?

Offline JohnBryce0712

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2014, 10:18:33 PM »
Yeah thanks Peter. On its way next month. I'll put some pics up when it arrives. My little fella can't wait. He loves ironman.