Author Topic: Fake Ebayers  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Fake Ebayers
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 10:00:26 AM »

I had similar issues with some Video games recently and eBay are not a great help in resolving seller issues. It is incredibly frustrating. I simply add a disclaimer "Zero feedback bidders to contact me prior to bidding". Any Zero bids are deleted.

This way, you can get the real details, or the details listed at least, forthe smartass people who are stuffing you around.
Then, I reckon you can name and shame them on here at least (subject to moderator approval) for dicking you around.

Not a bad idea at all. At least it will be of benefit to members that wish to sell their pinball(s) on eBay.

I smell something funny going on.

Yes, something funny for sure.

Could you list the auction link against the respective non-payer? Wouldn't mind having a look through the bid history to see what went on.

I concur

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline silverball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 12:10:33 PM »
Been through a similiar circumstance when I became a commercial seller - most people are happy to see competition but others will try their best to shoot you down. To have so many unsuccessful,non paying bidders with zero feedback??????Definately smells fishy to me.

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 12:41:39 PM »
I have finally caught up with all the pre-orders and have decided to put some pinballs on ebay. Although I have sold a few I have had to re-list many pinballs due to customers bidding on my items and then not responding. I find this not normal as I have sold many other items on ebay without this kind of problem. I smell something funny going on.

Here are the Fake Unresponsive Bidders.

chevy454mitchel
g.g.f.007
katieloiseshopping
pinballwizardpeter
freelancer20
spongbob215

I used to ask for zero feedback bidders to email me once they made a bid to signal their intentions and to show me they were genuine. If they didn't I would remove their bid the next day. It didn't bother me if they were the highest bid or not. This system seemed to work fine for me...

6 fake bidders in 1 hit. Wow how unlucky. You usually get 1 occasionally but 6??? That's just crazy! I see one is from the USA and one no longer exists.

Just a question...Didn't it raise some concerns when you saw the USA bidder?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 02:28:30 PM »
6 fake bidders in 1 hit. Wow how unlucky. You usually get 1 occasionally but 6??? That's just crazy! I see one is from the USA and one no longer exists.

Curiouser and curiouser.. .. Very odd. Oh well, as I asked, if we can have the matching auction links a little bit of AP detective work can commence and maybe we can work out this very odd situation.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Dirty daz

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 04:06:07 PM »
smells like the dealers don't like u since u started selling cheap pins!

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2010, 02:31:24 PM »
Plain and simple. This is definitely a threatened party/parties !

Someone is not happy with sales being taken away with more reasonably priced better quality pins.

No more dancing around with the assholes in this hobby ! We can only take so much !

We all know they exist and here and we dance around them !

Oscar i apologise on behalf of most to what has happened and if the asshole or holes are reading this grow the F$%^ up !

Dickheads... Why do all the good people get attacked (off of this site) and the assholes roll on unscathed ?

Lets just say i am sick to death of shit like this !! Can you tell ?  ^.^ ^.^ ^.^
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 02:36:34 PM by Pinfan »
Some people have big HEADS !

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2010, 03:16:25 PM »

we have had 5 NPB in the last 2 weeks  
one even left Neg feedback on me ( had it removed )
never had SO MANY NON PAYERS on ebay
I always say in my re-listings  relisted due to non payer  
not much you can do anymore , we used to leave negs on them all but we cant anymore

I am sure some of them have to be other sellers ( dealers)  getting upset , and JEALOUS !
prior to this year we lucky to have 5 NPB on pinballs  this we would have had 20 plus already
and dont start me on pinball ramps and parts

mark
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 03:23:00 PM by markc »

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2010, 04:38:41 PM »
Must make guys thinking of bringing their first container in, to part re-sell to cover costs, think again. Unfortunately Ebay is the market place, you can only sell so many pins to collectors on forums.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2010, 07:35:03 PM »
smells like the dealers don't like u since u started selling cheap pins!
Just read all the responses and I'm pretty good at reading between the lines and have to agree. I'm sure the good dealers will try to beat such sales with competitive tactics like reputation, after sales service and quality. Price does not have to be the only tool. This ebay thing is not the way to go  !@)

Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2010, 08:53:41 PM »

Curiouser and curiouser.. .. Very odd. Oh well, as I asked, if we can have the matching auction links a little bit of AP detective work can commence and maybe we can work out this very odd situation.

I think there are a few of us keyboard detectives waiting for the matching auction links. Ebay is no longer a safe and honest haven to sell pinballs. A shame really - I didn't even know that you could ban ebay accounts from bidding on your items until I started selling vids. Now I have a list as long as my arm !

Must make guys thinking of bringing their first container in, to part re-sell to cover costs, think again. Unfortunately Ebay is the market place, you can only sell so many pins to collectors on forums.

eBay is not the market place for pins - it may serve as a price guide, but it is definitely "last resort" for me.

I've sold 35- 40 pins outside of eBay in the last 12 years. I have a "queue" of 14 machines pre sold that I have not even started. I have listed 4 fully restored pinballs on eBay. Only TWO were actual sales, two were sold "outside" ebay. eBay is the LAST place I'd sell a pinball - although I've been lucky - as one guy who viewed a "Future Spa" I listed, bought another game in my garage and then proceed to buy four others. He told his mate .. etc.. etc..

It reminds me of the eBay listing for the KISS, Evel Knievel and KISS - So the eBay auction reads "Best Star Trek I've ever seen" .. Sounds to me like the seller has not seen many Star Treks, as I've personally seen 4-5 better machines. eBay is more for newbs and pinheads who want a machine NOW without doing their homework and a fist full of cash (and no brains !)..

Some of the prices on eBay these days is just hilarious - $3000+ for project pins is just laughable. I'll still look to buy more machines and continue to restore them - but I won't rely on eBay as a marketplace.

I digress..

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2010, 10:09:24 PM »
maybe risking blowing wind up your bum Nino.......but guys are more than happy to wait inline for one of your resto'd machines, such quality pins we would never see on ebay.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 10:11:25 PM by Extra Ball »

Offline pinball-collector

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2010, 10:11:33 PM »
and you cant block their bids (bidders with zero or better are permitted to bid on anyones auction), just because you say so in the listing doesnt stop them for bidding, and actually stating so is against ebay rules, you can have your listing pulled for unfair/unreasonable seller demands

You can cancel anyone's bids, but at the end of auction you cant do it quick enough.

At best you could block usernames with low/zero feedback using the block bidder feature in your account settings. But they will just create new usernames.

Hello All,, lm a bit of a comercial seller on feebay,,holden parts,  user name is FAIRLANELTD just incase you wanna have a gig,,been on ebay for a while,,and agree there has been a big influx of dickheads, l dont know where they are coming from..maybe from the boats,,he he he,,

Just a note,, you CAN block bidders,,with only under 3 feedbacks or less,, you just go to your account, then select selling preferences! will be there somewhere,,as l did that to stop the Zero bidders, as most are non payers,,if they are genuine,,they will email you.. l have lots of machines,,just cant bring mayself to sell them,,to hard to find.. good luck.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2010, 10:27:41 PM »
maybe risking blowing wind up your bum Nino.......but guys are more than happy to wait inline for one of your resto'd machines, such quality pins we would never see on ebay.

Thanks Greg -  %.% - You'll get a discount if you ever buy a pin from me !

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2010, 10:29:33 PM »
select selling preferences! will be there somewhere,,as l did that to stop the Zero bidders, as most are non payers,,if they are genuine,,they will email you.. l have lots of machines,,just cant bring mayself to sell them,,to hard to find.. good luck.

Seems rules have changed, and you can block 0 (or with a higher feedback for that matter) feedback bidders, automatically by changing your sellers preferences. I am very surprised that you can do this!

Here is mine:

Buyer Requirements   
Your buyer requirements have been updated. Block buyers who:    Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 1 Month(s).
   Have a primary postage address in a country I don't post to 
   Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 1 Month(s).
   Have a feedback score of -1 or lower.
   Are currently winning or have bought 1 of my items in the last 10 days.
- Only apply this block to buyers who have a feedback score of 0 or lower.

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2010, 10:30:46 PM »

Thanks Greg -  %.% - You'll get a discount if you ever buy a pin from me !

I will remember that Nino  *%*