Author Topic: PHOTOS OF COMP/MEET - 3 X TROPHYS ETC- HELD 1ST OCT 2011  (Read 1496 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Just a quick update. (if u are coming and want to bring any extra friends or family the answer is a BIG YES, all welcome)

ALL is proceeding well for this Saturday evening coming. Pinball Party starts at 5pm and goes til the last man or woman is standing. Comp probably starts apx 6.30pm ish. AND the comp will probably last a few hours, or even quicker depending on how quick you play the nominated games in the competition. You dont have to play in the comp either, and can just play machines at your leisure, enjoy a drink and chat to new people who u will meet etc or catch up with the mates u know.  ^^^
(I know if u say 5pm start, people get there at 6pm etc, so hence the 5pm start which is fine for anyone to come early at 5pm or 6pm onwards or later).

I have had a few new members/new enquiries for people over the last few days, AND EVERYONE AND ANYONE IS WELCOME. You dont have to be a AP member to come.
I even had a few enquiries from the other forum and anyone who enjoys pinball can just turn up no problems.

There will be plenty of Steak, Snags n King Prawns on the BBQ. All soft drink will be catered for with nibblys etc etc. Just bring ya self and any grog you wish to enjoy !
The address again is 30 Nightjar Drive, UPPER COOMERA  mobile 0415 280 910 or 0755 294 610.

A few people have told me that they are definately taking the 1st prize trophy home, so it shld be a fun night for all. There shld be 25 pinballs to play

Batman Forever (Sega, 1995)
Black Knight 2000 (WMS, 1989)
Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash (Bally 1991)
Dirty Harry (WMS, 1995)
Fish Tales (WMS, 1992)
Freddy: A Nightmare On Elm Street (GTB, 1994)
Godzilla (Sega, 1998)
Independence Day (Sega, 1996)
Jurassic Park, The Lost World (Sega, 1997)
Last Action Hero x 2 (DE, 1993)
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (Sega, 1995)
Popeye Saves The Earth (Bally, 1994)
Revenge From Mars (Bally, 1999)
Space Jam (Sega, 1996)
Star Trek 25th Anniversary x 2 (DE, 1991)
Star Trek: The Next Generation x 2 (WMS, 1993)
Star Wars Episode I (WMS, 1999)
Star Wars Trilogy (Sega, 1997)
Starship Troopers (Sega, 1997)
Tales From The Crypt (DE, 1993)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (DE, 1991)
The X Files (Sega, 1997)
Twilight Zone (Bally, 1993)
Twister (Sega, 1996)
Viper Night Drivin' (Sega, 1998)
Waterworld (GTB, 1995)
WWF Royal Rumble (DE, 1994)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 10:32:44 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Another surprise I have for members etc coming to the party will be the new and exclusive AUSSIE PINBALL BEENIES I have had made.   ^^^ ^^^

We have settled on Red Beenies or Black Beenies with the embroidery for the future productions. I had a trial batch of different colours made which all look great, but the future production run will be black or red as below. A big thankyou to Nino (Strangeways) and Nick (Pinnies4me) for allowing and collaborating with me on these beenies for the use of members. When its cold, what else would you want to wear to the shed except a AP Beenie.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

There are only apx 10 Blue or 10 grey which I will hand out to get rid of these trial colours. The company originally short shipped the reds n blacks but sent the other colours instead.

**These AP Beenies will be available shortly to all Aussie Pinball members. A special Beenie post will be set up and if u want one, send me a PM on that post, or just add your name over there.  ^^^
Anyway, something else fun for the Pinball Party. Link below for the AP Beenie Post.  ^^^

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=7194.msg95107#msg95107
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 02:21:57 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline wizo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Elanora
leave the key under the mat mate ill have to come at about 5am for a good solid 12 hours of practice in  &&

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Party is tomorrow night and i am looking forward to meeting some new members and having some games of Pinball with some nice people.

A big thanks to everyone who has wished me well with the party/meet. Will share some pics after the party for those interested.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Have a good night everyone that is going.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
I have added apx 20 photos of the pinball comp/meet we had tonight.  ^^^

First of all, I would like to say a massive THANKYOU to all the TERRIFFIC people who were able to come tonight.  $#$

I got to meet about 20 plus NEW people I havent met before tonight and it was an absolute honour having so many people turn up. I counted apx 22 adults, apx 12 teenagers, and apx 12 or more younger kids at the half way mark. Probably 90 percent of people were able to stay to the very end of the night when the WINNERS of the Pinball Comp were announced. So we had a full house with around 40 plus people with the pinball meet at full swing !  A huge success.  ^^^

I started taking photos about 20 percent of the way into the night, and probably only took a quarter of the photos I shld have taken but I was flat out trying to look after all the guests, cook a BBQ, organise drinks and help people with info about machines etc etc plus 10 other things. I was as busy as an Octopus with 20 arms. But it was great.

Beaky(Andy) was my ever terriffic pinball tech all night, making sure all machines were running flatout, and helping with any stuck balls etc, whilst enjoying quite a few bourbans, playing in the comp and meeting all the great people. Andy is a true champion and the best mate u could ever hope for. My good friend Martyn was also a great help, who is always A top mate. Another top friend Leon(V8racefan) was also alot of fun, and was flatout enjoying the night and the pinnys. I know I cant mention everyone, but it was good to have old n new friends all meet and talk etc.

I was lucky tonight to have met some other members for the first time. Deadly Dave, Red Scorpion [pete and his teenage son), Steevesee-Steve and his great family (Wizo) and his family, and I know I am definately forgetting people cause I didnt take enough photos.  @.@ But i think i met 4 or 5 new AP members, well new to my house anyway, with most being on the AP forum for some time. Some post more than others etc, but great to meet new AP members.  ^^^
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 05:10:16 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
photos above. more photos below.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:23:37 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
photos above and more photos below.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:24:08 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
photos above and more photos below.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:24:38 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
photos above and more photos below
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:25:17 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
photos above and more photos below.  ^^^

I sort of took photos of the very start of the night, and photos of the very end, and forgot to take a whack of photos right in the middle when there were a whack of people, probably spiking at around 40 with all the kids n adults added in, but I was busy trying to be a good host, so the middle photos were a little lacking I am sorry to say.  @.@  %.% %.% I didnt take photos of half the folks but it was Busy ! Everything was running at 100 mile an hour.

But all the folks who were here will definately remember the night as being flat out and as busy as central station once all the machines were all being played at once and the noise of close to 30 or more pinnys ALL raging along at once was excellent to say the least. The words "jam packed arcade" would be a fair assessment. It was LOUD but fun and exciting at the same time. I reckon almost EVERY adult played almost every machine, which is a real buzz to watch.

We all played flat out for a few hours, with the night starting at 5pm, the BBQ food was served around 7.30/8 pm, and after the food, the Pinball Comp began.
I didnt really take photos of people during the comp because someone with a camera flashing in ya eyes is not a great way to get the best out of every ball, with every point counting to your winning position.  

TROPHY WINNERS and photos here ! I will add some commentary of the Pinball comp a little further down the post !  ^^^
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:25:50 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
photos above and photos below.

So we all had a BBQ dinner, then we all started playing in the pinball comp.  ^&^

Overall, there were 18 or more people entered into the pinball comp, with three quarters of the adults having a bash, and 3 or so teenagers, plus a few of the 8 to 12 yr old kids. (next time I will do a few trophys for the kids who had a ball and really enjoyed going for high scores and writing down their best score etc, as did everyone else).

The Pinball Comp part lasted a good hour and a half ! I chose 5 x machines to play in the comp, and chose the machines from Left field so people would probably be playing these machines for the FIRST time, so no-one had an advantage. Even Beaky (Andy) has never really played these titles before, so no "home advantage" was given.
(sorry mate, I KNOW u wanted Black Knight 2000 to be in !  %.% %.%) but It was ruled out very early to make things very fair.

The 5 machines were

STAR TREK 25TH ANNIVERSARY - DATA EAST 1991
THE LOST WORLD - JURRASSIC PARK - SEGA 1996/97
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES - DATA EAST 1990/91
REVENGE FROM MARS - BALLY 1999/2000
STARSHIP TROOPERS - SEGA 1996/97

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 04:49:49 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Photos above and below.

The comp was HOTLY contested.  I could tell by the way everyone was playing, that they wanted to take one of those trophys home !  #*# (and the grog hopefully)

I could tell within 5 minutes, that everyone was giving it their all. Everyone was handed a typed up PINBALL COMP SCORE SHEET which had their name written at the top, with the 5 x machines listed below. Everyone wrote down their best scores for each of the 5 games. I then went n checked the highest score on each machine and it tally'd with the highest score that was recoreded for each highest scoring entrant from the paperwork.  ^^^

Greg (Wizo) came fourth and was beaten only by 2 points.
Steve came 3rd and won 3rd by only 2 points.
Beaky came second and won second only by 2 points.
Pete came first and won by 2 points. (Petes 14 yr old son came 5th and beat alot of adults i might add)  ^^^ ^^^
Man, these scores were so very very close.
HOW WERE THE POINT SCORES WORKED OUT ?

I gave the highest score on a game 10 points, 2nd got 8 points, and 3rd got 6 points and so on etc. The top 6 x places earned u points. The top 4 or 5 people out of I think 16 or more players, always came in the top 4 or so positions with consistant high scores. I know some people will say other pinball tournaments are scored differently etc, but this was a very easy n fair way to do things without getting out a super computer.  %.% %.%

What got Pete over the line was consistency of being in the top 3 every game, on every title.  $#$
AGAIN A MASSIVE THANKYOU TO ALL WHO WERE ABLE TO MAKE IT.
Maybe we can have another meet in 3 or 4 months, and if it is as good as tonight was with so many people again, it would be another successful n fun Night and a dream come true. A special thankyou to all the mums who came and were so great n patient looking after all the kids and for letting all the dads play pinball. Without all our T'riffic wives, nights like this wouldnt happen. A huge thankyou ladies. *%* I handed out some more AP Benies. That was the last of the first batch of 40 plus beenies. Thats 40 beenies gone in the first 3 or so days. Hope they come in handy.  ^^^
Thanks again everyone.
regards Brett and Family.  ^^^
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 05:23:05 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
looks like a good night was had by all  #*#

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Good on you Brett, sounds like everyone had fun. I would definitely be interested in the next one as have never played most of your titles.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts