Author Topic: Solar electricity  (Read 8083 times)

Offline Pinballer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Solar electricity
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2013, 04:59:23 PM »
Some words of advice from here.  Don't hold your breath waiting for Energex to arrive and swap over your meter.  Hopefully it is in the time frame they mentioned, but out of the 8 in our group that got solar installed, not one of us had the energy supply company do anything on time or when promised. 

Write down your meter reading every day or every second day, even better take a photo.  You might need it to prove what your reading was when the old meter was removed and your new one installed.  I ran mine from the day it was installed, wound the meter back a long way before it was changed out, you don't get any credit for it as such, just a lower supply bill.  Don't know if your energy supply and energy provider are the same company, hopefully they are as it should make it go much smoother.  As the energy supply company (Energex) is responsible for telling your energy provider the final reading on the old meter, fingers crossed they do, otherwise your energy supply company will estimate your next bill, based on prior usage.  Hence the reason you need proof of what your meter reading was as close to the day of change over as possible.

I know all this because I learnt the hard way.  Hopefully you won't have any troubles.  Nearly everyone I've spoken to that has had solar installed, has had hassles after the installation with the energy supply and energy provider not talking to each other.  It can be a complete nightmare to sort out.  Mine took about 3 months or more from memory.