Author Topic: Solar electricity  (Read 8105 times)

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Re: Solar electricity
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2014, 10:10:19 AM »
Just been onto the Gov site listed on the letter I received.. it states that the decrease in contribution payments are so that electricity prices don't have to rise again..WTF???!!!! Weve just been told of another 13% price rise!

.. so... ive come up with a plan. Obviously, the solar array im still paying for isn't going to pay for itself and my generated electricity is now being taken off me, distributed and then sold back at a hefty cost.
My thoughts are to have a split system house.. have the cooker ( soon the be gas anyway).. fridge, freezer and pool run off the grid but have my solar electricity fed to a bank of deep cycle batteries which will feed the TV, computers, fans, lights etc.
So im still effectively on the grid but my solar electricity that I pay the infrastructure for and have on my land actually becomes mine 100%.
Years back when I had solar water, I had a split system.. if it was cloudy for a few days and the water was cooling down too much I could flick the switch and heat from the grid.. hence where I get the idea from.
So long as I have an electrical contractor to ensure safety, I see no problems?

I can see why you want to do this Gav but surely your Solar system is going to produce way in excess of your consumption if you reconnect it that way , so I don't really get it .
My thinking is that the ideal way is to try and use all of what your Solar system produces to minmise the pay back period .
I need more room ! and more $$$