Author Topic: f14 tomcat issues.  (Read 2036 times)

Offline vanhos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
Re: f14 tomcat issues.
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2012, 05:52:24 PM »
While im posting which decal for the spinner is the origanal.
HOS

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2012, 05:54:12 PM »
While im posting anybody got these stickers.
HOS

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2013, 09:04:01 PM »
Found out were two of the left over plastics go. Just need to make up some brackets so it covers the ramp On the left. Still not shore 
were the fighter jet goes but i put it in anyway. Hope it looks ok.
HOS

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2013, 09:20:42 PM »
After scolling the net. I found out the left over jet plastic is actually a promotional plasti for collectors..
HOS

Offline TUF-427

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2013, 09:18:19 PM »
Hi mate,

Looks like your getting there Great Game,

check out my F14 resto and Clearcoat thread may give you some clues/inspiration on  F14 stuff..

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=7378.0

I too had switch matrix issues that were fixed by the CR networks stated earlier..

Peter..
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:20:13 PM by TUF-427 »
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2013, 09:20:53 PM »
Few pics of ac plug. And yellow cable plug.
HOS

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2013, 10:32:39 PM »
Ive looked through the manual and i think i am blind. Can any one tell me what type of glibes are in this machine. Also what style leds should i use.

Typing on a mobile doing my head in. Carnt get back to change globes. Plus i nearlly failed english.lol
HOS

Offline TUF-427

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2013, 10:44:02 PM »
Mate,

does it have the Lamp PCBs under the PF? If it does it will have a mix of 555 and 44,

if its early Production like mine it will be all 44s

Peter..
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2013, 09:47:46 PM »
Heres a pic of my power connector j3 on my sound board. Question is is pin 6 12+ (white/grey). On the schematic it doesnt say what voltage it should be. just double checking.
HOS

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2013, 10:41:43 PM »
Also a small issue with display. See pic i found a cross wire on the power supply been playing havic with my boards.

Beakys been helping me out big time. His work is amazing another satisfied customer.

I have it working now. But think i have a multi ball issue its throwing out two or three balls into the shoot think ill need top display working first to rectify that...
HOS

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2013, 11:24:51 PM »
we need to sort out that display problem for you.

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2013, 05:51:32 PM »
Fired up the machine today played away. Then two balls jumpeed into the shooter lane. It did this a few times. Also there is a fuse that blows 2.5amp.  See pic. This must control the kick outs once it blows they dont work. Any ideas out there
HOS

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2013, 05:52:52 PM »
Heres pic of the fuse. I replaced it and the balls kick out but after few minutes it blows again.
HOS

Offline vanhos

• Forum Posts:
  • Warrnambool
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »
The fuse issue is still there ran out of 2.5sb fuses was about to do a solnoid test but no fuses left.

With the multi ball problem i reset the machine to factory settings. I then start the game grab the ball and hit a target then drop it through the flippers. I do this till game over. Once the maching finishs its game over sequence it then spits out all the balls into the shooter. Any body have any ideas.
HOS

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2013, 01:45:09 AM »
The fuse issue is still there ran out of 2.5sb fuses was about to do a solnoid test but no fuses left.

With the multi ball problem i reset the machine to factory settings. I then start the game grab the ball and hit a target then drop it through the flippers. I do this till game over. Once the maching finishs its game over sequence it then spits out all the balls into the shooter. Any body have any ideas.

Are the flashers working in the game?

if not sounds like the A/C relay is not working so the machine tries to send power to a flasher but because the A/C relay is not working the power goes to the ball kick out instead
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)