Author Topic: Tobbaco Tax Hike. W.T.F?  (Read 886 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Tobbaco Tax Hike. W.T.F?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 07:55:25 PM »
I have never smoked and never will. I could never see any reason to breathe anything but fresh air.

The fact that the government allows the product to be sold is a disgrace. From a health point of view, it is poison ofcourse. But living in a democracy, people are fairly allowed to chose to smoke or not. Statistics show, that 70 percent of hospital beds are taken up by smoking related diseases. Insanity.
And the healthcare system costs the government more per annum than smoking taxes will ever bring in. If the government gets rid of tobacco, and the billions per year it brings in, they will save billions in the health care system. Tobacco is a financial liability, not a money maker.

Cigarette products shld be available only via a chemist with a pre-skription, which after a period becomes "not available" so people do quit.

!@#    For people who like smoking, and the hand to mouth action etc etc, why cant someone invent a "hybrid tobacco" that tastes like it, but has no dangerous chemicals. That way, if u have to smoke u can, without harming your health.

We live in a democracy, choice should be allowed. But unfortunately, it comes at a high financial and health price. Each to their own.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 07:56:59 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !