Author Topic: Pinball Demand 60s, 70s & 80s Pinballs  (Read 2114 times)

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Re: Pinball Demand 60s, 70s & 80s Pinballs
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 10:47:18 PM »

Well, id never buy it working as it would be too dear for me, i also wouldnt buy it with all the boards missing as the price difference between having boards and all missing is not what the boards would cost me - so unworking??

I dunno.... maybe into 3 figures though

Coudnt agree more, i rarely buy working Pins although I have, I would preffer non working bargins and fix them myself.  There are two reasons for this. 1. Save money.  2. I really enjoy fixing them. 

I also agree with your comments on buying machines with missing boards.  Unless they are super cheap i.e $100-200 forget it, especially if they are an unpopular title, unless you know you have access to spare boards or can buy them cheap.  I.E Say for example you pay $500-600 for a machine without boards, you then need CPU, Displays, Power Supplys, Driver Boards this could end up costing another $900-1000 bucks.  So you end up paying $1500 for a machine that is maybe worth $1000 -$1500 (depending on title of course it could be more) and you have put in all the hours that Nino stated.

Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock