Author Topic: Getaway: The restoration (of sorts)  (Read 5610 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Getaway: The restoration (of sorts)
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2009, 02:38:18 PM »
I have always wondered since stripping the playfield as to why the red insert is beneith the apron...?  I found recently watched a video about playfield construction and now know!   ^^^

I have always wondered the same thing, now that you know can you let me know?  !@#

Matthew

AFAIK - from watching the doco (US History channel tour of Stern factory) - its to locate the playfield on the press - which does all the underside holes.  I guess they chuck a insert plastic in it just for the hell of it...

Continuing on....All coils now have new sleeves (except slings - these were brass?).  Any pivot point - ie rear ramp, hole ejects etc have been dismantled, cleaned and new lube.  There is very little wear on any of the metals, which makes me think it is a relatively low use machine.  Even the black gunk which usually resides on the underside of the playfield near coils is not there either... *%*

The lovely is helping with regraining all the metals at the moment.  Hopefully by tomorrow I should have rest of playfield complete.  Have new cliffy to install, new rubbers as well....