Author Topic: HH Continues  (Read 2854 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: HH Continues
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2009, 06:47:42 PM »
Looking good so when can we have a game?????? And im sure your wife would like to know when she can have her house back  %.%

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2009, 06:51:09 PM »

Nice !

Color matching is such a bitch  !!!

But it looks fantastic and the camera shots always "changes" the shade of color
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2009, 06:53:50 PM »
WOW! What a great improvement

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2009, 07:42:15 PM »
Glad to see that all fitted nicely in place
I aint real happy with that colour but  *.*
But as long as U R happy , its your game.
I understand that once you put the PF bits all back on , then you wont see any of the original areas and to the untrained eye you would not know the colour is off  !@#

I can see that the camera adding light to it makes it look worse than it may actually be as the upper 'Welcome' section appears to be decent colour match while the main/ larger playfield area with the ghosts on it appears to be more 'off'.

I am hoping that the 'light' in th shot is making that appear worse than it is in real life  !@# !@#
DW Drums rule !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2009, 07:51:19 PM »
The match is not perfect, but after all your work Wotto and the fact that the printer won't take any cash, I'm pretty satisfied. The other thing that's not obvious is that where you can see the original colours (to the far left) that area is untouched by any balls (the pop bumper is there) so it is in pristine condition. However, the areas on the sides of the window (that use those colours for other things) has some discolouration etc from age and ball travel etc, so is slightly darker and much closer to the printed decal. As such, the colours here are in fact a better match overall for the balance of the playfield, and the overlay will not be as obvious than if it were bright and shiny new colour when the rest is aged, if you see my reasoning.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2009, 11:07:08 PM »
 ^^^
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2009, 11:13:11 PM »
Yeah - now THAT looks better  *)* *)*

You gunna use those spare 'donuts' I made for around the inserts or just leave em as is ??

« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 11:19:36 PM by Wotto »
DW Drums rule !

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2009, 11:41:35 PM »
How goods that great work Nick and Wotto

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2009, 12:47:49 AM »

Excellent effort there guys. Looking great so far.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2009, 10:39:40 AM »

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2009, 03:38:57 PM »
Geez- I am pretty happy with that now that you have it down and the inserts cut, left bumper in place - looks pretty good.

Some of those insert surrounds are just off but, when U glue the inserts back in I can make you some more black donuts if you wanted to stick em over the edges of the installed inserts  !@#
DW Drums rule !

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2009, 04:43:36 PM »
Getting exciting now im going to have to call in one night after work im thinking  $#$

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2009, 04:49:56 PM »
Getting exciting now im going to have to call in one night after work im thinking  $#$

We'll be playing it soon enough! Gotta find a big piece of mylar though, neither Greg nor Mark carry sheets large enough for this area and the basement unfortunately.

Geez- I am pretty happy with that now that you have it down and the inserts cut, left bumper in place - looks pretty good.

Some of those insert surrounds are just off but, when U glue the inserts back in I can make you some more black donuts if you wanted to stick em over the edges of the installed inserts  !@#

A couple are a little off, but that's the way with the real thing anyway - the outline goes onto the insert itself, and as it happens, this seems to mimic the original quite well and they don't look too bad at all. As the original was off by fluke similarly, the slightly offset printing on the insert itself matches quite well, except for the "Double Scoring" one, which might need a donut - it's bigger than the ones you originally did. I've got inserts sitting (not glued yet) for a look, and it's looking nice! I'll post a photo later.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2009, 09:44:53 AM »
Inserts back in. I haven't infilled the edges with black yet, but starting to look nice.

Offline Pinballer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2009, 10:16:26 AM »
Absolutely amazing work there Wotto!  You two blokes have done a great job getting that right and restoring the playfield. 

You should consider doing the artwork for rest of the playfields and getting it to CPR.  This would really make reproduction playfields for this game a reality for the rest of us.  CPR have deals available artists, such as other products or cash.  I helped them out with a TOTAN playfield scan last year.