Author Topic: AC/DC - Playfield Mods and Extra's  (Read 53897 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: AC/DC - Playfield Mods and Extra's
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2013, 11:44:37 PM »
Thanks for that Brett, but they are both for headphones. The link was for volume control knobs without havign to open the front panel.

Opening the door isn't hard lol :-)

Peter

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2013, 11:35:37 AM »
I cut these flipper protectors up last night for my AC/DC pinball.

I made a template from the side rail off my 05 Stern Grand Prix pin. They are only 2mm thick, best part is that flipper button holds them in - No screws  $#$

If any AP members wants a scan of the template let me know, flipper button hole is 35mm.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2013, 09:22:33 PM »
here is a link to some apron cards
http://pinballhead.com/custom-apron-cards-for-acdc/
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2013, 09:15:23 PM »
heres a TNT topper mod.lol  %.% %.%  Read what it does, u can pull wires or it explodes (noise wise) and it changes the colour of the wire every day. how cool

Looks great too..

I might order one for a additional topper for my AC/DC

http://www2.topbuy.com.au/tbcart/pc/Novelty-Bomb-Alarm-Clock-p202734.htm

only apx $25 landed with postage.

Anyone like it !  ^^^
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:17:39 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2013, 03:14:17 PM »
The AC/DC is getting some cool mods, and here is another:

here are some cool train track decals and flaming cannon ball decals for both the left & right ramp:

available from Hooked

"robertcampbell2@hotmail.com
Please put ACDC ramps in the subjet line.
Shipping end of the week.
These install under the ramp just like a factory decal. Can be removed just as easy as it installs.
I installed these today in 30min doing it for the first time.
Ramps must be remove to install. Will fit all versions of the game LE Prem and Pro.
Set shipped US $33 Shipped, UK - AU - Canada $45.
If somone would like to sell them in bulk outside of the U.S. contact me for discounts."

utoplay=1&rel=0

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-acdc-new-mod-ramp-decals-with-vid-pre-orders-now-open
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 06:33:20 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2013, 06:04:01 PM »
$45 is a bit steep for a couple of decals !@#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2013, 06:32:26 PM »
that includes postage as well (I fixed the original post - sorry as I removed some details for other countries and lost the postage part ... so about $30 to $55 for 2 unique decals isn't too bad when it enhances the features ND $10-$15 for postage
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 06:35:42 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2013, 06:37:24 PM »
+ 1 with Leon(V8racefan) a bit expensive

I already had something else in mind for the bottom of the ramps.
I was going to colour photo copy the lightning bolts that are already on the playfield standing up onto sticky paper and install them under both ramps so it looks like arrows pointing up the ramps or lightning bolts pointing up the ramps.  ^^^ Reckon that would look better IMO.

I like the USA guys artistic efforts, but those 2 x stickers he has produced wouldnt even cost a dollar per send out, and he is making $32 off fellow pinheads. Anyway, thanks for posting the link, but not for me this time. Some people will like it though.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2013, 05:21:45 PM »
Here is an idea for a high end mod for a real ac/dc lover who is dedicated.

Not sure if it is possible but could be awesome for the Pro owners, what if you purchased while available a AC/DC Premium playfield from AMD for around the $600 then merge all the fittings etc from the Pro playfield to the Premium but then get someone like Dan who is doing the Creature lcd mod, do a lcd for the see through section of the Premium playfield and then have concert footage showing etc. Could make a Premium guy want a Pro.....

Now who would take the big step and you also get to keep a Pro playfield on the wall as a backup or decoration.

with the picture imagine the bottom playfield being a lcd with concert songs or fire footage or cannons shooting or trains  smokin by, or even a blast of smoke when you shoot the cannon
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 05:27:01 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2013, 05:40:49 PM »
Not sure how this would work on a pro without some work on the hardware/software. Keep in mind the major differences between the pro and premium namely:
Cross playfield ramp.
Lower playfield.
Hell Bell.
Tri-colour LEDs.
Mechanical band.
Drop targets.

Not sure if it is worth the cost and trouble.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2013, 06:24:11 PM »
Best to just get a jigsaw, cut out the Angus face on the Pro to the exact shape as the LE/Premium plastic clear window that is on the LE etc, making sure you use a router to allow for a lip for the window to sit on around all the edges ofcourse, and then add a LCD screen with movies.

I had the idea when i first bought my Pro, but after further thought, I decided the pinball world would cringe if I went nuts with a woodworking jigsaw and changed the playfield for life. Never say Never.lol  &&  One day I might just wake up n do it.lol

Have to get the part number and price for the clear lower playfield window from the ACDC Premium/LE.

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2013, 08:20:18 PM »
Best to just get a jigsaw, cut out the Angus face on the Pro to the exact shape as the LE/Premium plastic clear window that is on the LE etc, making sure you use a router to allow for a lip for the window to sit on around all the edges ofcourse, and then add a LCD screen with movies.

I had the idea when i first bought my Pro, but after further thought, I decided the pinball world would cringe if I went nuts with a woodworking jigsaw and changed the playfield for life. Never say Never.lol  &&  One day I might just wake up n do it.lol

Have to get the part number and price for the clear lower playfield window from the ACDC Premium/LE.

That's scary a NIB and a jigsaw, I did see a guy in the US cut the PF on a Tron to move some posts to make the gem shot easier weird hey and a guy in Australia was going to drill his acdc to close the outlanes up to make it easier but why it goes against the games design?

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2013, 09:49:00 PM »
Talking about blocking outlanes, I purchased a Last Action Hero from a bloke, and he had put/jammed ping pong balls at the top of the outlanes so he couldnt lose the ball very easy, and also sat on a high chair so he could play for a much longer time. Luckily the machine was in excellent condition.

If I ever get a jigsaw to my AC/DC, I will film it.
Sort of like filming a plane crash. Something u dont want to see, but u just have to watch it.lol  %.% @.@

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2013, 11:00:14 PM »
I tell you you will wreck it, the jigsaw up stroke will splinter the playfield and graphics / clear coat and you will end up buying a new playfield anyway. I would cnc router it any day over using a jigsaw....

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2013, 12:25:18 AM »
IF I ever, (was the main part of the last post) meaning the chances of me ever trying it is about the same as me winning lotto.lol
Thats why I also used the plane crash annalogy, cause me and wood working tools would equal 10 million youtube hits and the loss of one hand.  %.%

I was never going to use a jigsaw, but just threw that in cause I have no idea of the proper names when it comes to anything powered that one may cut fingers off in a attempt at mucking around with a playfield.

I would take it to a high end kitchen place I know nearby which has all the expensive stuff and someone who knows what they are doing.
Having it done, and not having to completely strip the playfield would be the answer, then finding someone skilled at the kitchen place would be the next.lol  I think u could get away with someone doing by hand who was skilled with wood working. You would certainly cut it less than what u needed and work from there having spare wood to play with versus going too much too fast n stuffing it up. Trusting a computer to do it would also be a danger, one wrong number input, and its also curtains......
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 12:29:58 AM by Caveoftreasures »