Author Topic: My first EM resto GTB2001 ( 1971 )  (Read 5401 times)

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
Re: My first EM resto GTB2001 ( 1971 )
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2013, 11:06:36 PM »
As I said in the previous post I wouldn't remove the mylar, well guess what? I did  :lol     &^&
Tried 2 methods and one worked very well being a heat gun on low heat and peel back- SLOWLY, then remove residue with orange oil ( oompf )
The other well,  @.@ sucked ! I used the freeze spray method and apart from being $$ for the spray it pulled up bits of paint - so looks like I am learning how to paint a play filed now!
I must say though that BUNNINGS was helpful as I took the play field in to match paints and had two chicks looking after me and offering great advise as I had no idea.
Well I just finished sanding back the top surface and ball shooter lane so it looks pretty and helps the paint to adhere ( fingers crossed ) I hope to do some more pictures very soon.
So much for touch ups, looks like it will be completely re-done - god I love this hobby  %$%
This project will never leave my line up as apart from being my first pinball machine and also first restoration. It is also my learning machine and is not up to the standards of the other people who do these beautiful resto's .
As long as it plays like a demon when finished I will be stoked off my head.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.