Author Topic: what was the first pinball you owned  (Read 6263 times)

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: what was the first pinball you owned
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2008, 12:23:42 AM »
A $10 working pinball? Now that has to go down as the bargain of the century. Considering you sold it for 40 times the purchase price.

Offline Peach

• Forum Posts:
  • Redcliffe
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2008, 12:30:46 AM »
It certainly was a bargain,I remember the Pastor saying something about having to get rid of it because the boys wouldn`t leave it alone while they were supposed to be having bible lessons.
Life is short...smile while you still have teeth  ;-)

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2008, 09:52:05 AM »
It certainly was a bargain,I remember the Pastor saying something about having to get rid of it because the boys wouldn`t leave it alone while they were supposed to be having bible lessons.

That reminds me, the first pinball I had in the house (but didn't own) came with a youth work job in Adelaide. I can't remember the name but I'm guessing it was an EM. It was fun to have one available to play, but it wasn't as fun to play as EBD. Probably just as well - I may never have got any work done!

Offline wingtipvortex

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2008, 01:57:00 AM »
The first pin i ever owned was a Bally Supersonic.  It was 13 years ago, it cost me $300 and i kept it for about 2 years.

It was fully working, with coin mechs when i bought it, reasonably good PF, bit shabby on the artwork but overall good condition.
I was a "COMPLETE" noobie when i bought this. Eventualy one flipper died and i had no idea how to fix it. Got a tech in, and he spent 2 hours to no avail. I was dissapointed to say the least. Another thing i did(which now looking back was completely insane )i wanted to get a real good shine on the PF, so i "rubbed it with cooking oil", it looked great for about 4 games. Then it died. Sold it for $200 and didnt think much more about pins till now. Thats my first pin story and im stickin to it ^^^ *Prepares for ridicule*

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2008, 01:36:04 PM »
The first pin i ever owned was a Bally Supersonic.  It was 13 years ago, it cost me $300 and i kept it for about 2 years.

It was fully working, with coin mechs when i bought it, reasonably good PF, bit shabby on the artwork but overall good condition.
I was a "COMPLETE" noobie when i bought this. Eventualy one flipper died and i had no idea how to fix it. Got a tech in, and he spent 2 hours to no avail. I was dissapointed to say the least. Another thing i did(which now looking back was completely insane )i wanted to get a real good shine on the PF, so i "rubbed it with cooking oil", it looked great for about 4 games. Then it died. Sold it for $200 and didnt think much more about pins till now. Thats my first pin story and im stickin to it ^^^ *Prepares for ridicule*

%.% "Cooking oil"  %.%

Did you throw a few snags on the playfield ?

%.%
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2008, 04:25:47 PM »

Pisser!   @.@ %.%

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2009, 12:07:12 PM »
First machine i owned was Jungle princess and still own it (Will never part with it said that from the day i got it running)bought it at a new years eve party for $20 15years ago their son smashed the glass and the Dad cracked the shits. Right place at the right time i guess.  And cool spot i still have the rest of that cannes pinball parts there if you still need em

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2009, 12:21:31 PM »
First pin i owned was a Stern Stingray. bought it in about 1988, from the Pinball Parlor in Port macquarie for $300. I still have the machine, it is now fully restored.

I "double clocked" this one once... yes i mean over 2 million points!! i've never been able to do it again since.

Offline SPURR

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2009, 01:19:21 PM »
I put a add in the local Herald news paper in the mid 1980's under the section Wanted. My add read: Wanted pinballs working or not.I got a phone call from a guy in Taree NSW and told me he had I think it was 8 pins that were at a youth club that were no longer required. Not sure about how much I paid but I think It was $400. He said he would truck them to my house at no extra price If I wanted them. YES I will take them! When they arrived there was Topcard and many gottliebs all EM pins in varied conditions.
I was %.%

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2009, 03:17:17 PM »
Hard to beat that as a first pin story!!

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2009, 03:20:40 PM »
I put a add in the local Herald news paper in the mid 1980's under the section Wanted. My add read: Wanted pinballs working or not.I got a phone call from a guy in Taree NSW and told me he had I think it was 8 pins that were at a youth club that were no longer required. Not sure about how much I paid but I think It was $400. He said he would truck them to my house at no extra price If I wanted them. YES I will take them! When they arrived there was Topcard and many gottliebs all EM pins in varied conditions.
I was %.%

Half your luck mate, great score!

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2009, 05:09:37 PM »
my 1st pin was a Bally Bingo machine called miss america, paid $400 for but no longer part of my collection.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2009, 08:54:20 PM »
my 1st pin was a Bally Bingo machine called miss america, paid $400 for but no longer part of my collection.

1957 or 1975 ?

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline GAP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth, Western Australia
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2009, 09:23:27 PM »
Bally Expressway, paid $50.00 - no longer in the collection. Like another one though.

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2009, 09:51:01 PM »

1957 or 1975 ?

hmmm probably 1975, the cab was red in colour, I've got some pics some where on this pc!!
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.