Author Topic: Show us your ride!  (Read 3873 times)

Offline johnwartjr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
Re: Show us your ride!
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2013, 06:23:40 AM »
My Supercoupe is on the way out. At around 200k, it's got so many leaks, squeaks, rattles and noises, it's just had enough. If the paint were good, I'd fix them all - but it would cost more than a nice, low mileage Supercoupe to repaint it - so I moved on to something else I could get reasonably and enjoy.

The new set of wheels:

1997 Volvo 850R Wagon
Around 100k miles
2.3 liter 5 cylinder, turbocharged
Relatively rare beast, Volvo only made a few thousand of these worldwide and the R model was only made in 96 and 97.

I acquired it from my folks, it was their spare car for years, and sat and got neglected. In the last couple months, I've done water pump, timing belt, idler pulleys, plugs and wires, rebuilt the ABS module, replaced the gears in the speedometer (lube turned to varnish, and one of the gears got chewed up), new speakers all around to replace the original ones that were bad, and done a TON of cleaning. I've got a factory spoiler to go on as soon as I acquire a new front bumper cover, to replace the damaged one. A small animal in the roadway did the original one in more than 10 years ago. I'm getting ready to re-do the PCV system as it's supposed to be serviced every 100,000 miles and mine is overdue.