Author Topic: Show us your ride!  (Read 3833 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Show us your ride!
« on: March 24, 2009, 06:11:36 PM »
Following up on a previous thread, it seems a lot of guys here have a range of nice cars, I've seen Nicks little beast, I know Matthew has a nice car, Mark has the monaro, so does Daniel.
So I thought I'd start a thread for everyone to post some pics of their rides (keep it clean no pics of your missus *)* )

Here is an old pic of my shed...

Got rid of the GSXR as we had our first son, and I knew I was going to kill myself on it as I couldn't help myself pushing it harder and harder round the great ocean rd.
My wife still has the R6 but I went back to the dirtbikes (I used to ride when I was younger and enjoy getting muddy ripping up the bush more), here is a pic of the KTM with the dirt rims off and the motard wheels I machined up for it on...

And here is a pic of my 1977 SS Torana, I have owned for 13 years, it was my first car...

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:26:51 PM by ktm450 »

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Re: Show us your ride!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 06:51:06 PM »
Oh man, that Torana looks so cool. You win!

I owned an original SL/R 5000 in the early 1980s - she had a 327 Chev dropped in and I couldn't hold it on the road - and she also did the best burn out.

Thanks for posting - brings back sooooo many great memories!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 06:57:04 PM »
here's a couple of shots of mine at the Geelong Speed Trials (I won my class that year I think). Also one of my car taken in the mid-60's with it's original owner at the wheel.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 07:05:29 PM »
I have a 1965 Dodge Phoenix and a 1978 Holden Premier. I also have a "savings" account for my "dream car" - a 1968 Chevrolet Camaro - which has been accruing since 2004.

Matthew
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 11:15:29 AM by felixthadog »

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 08:07:40 PM »
Great Torana Ktm Me and my old man are doing up a hatchback torana at the moment has a Fuel injected 5l and a 5 speed in it just need to do the paint.

And nick thats so cool specially to see it back in the day not just a modern day slap together job

And Matt both yours are sweet rides.

The old man has a few cars tucked away out his place that a few might appreciate if you want to see pics let me know
 He has the Torana Hatch, 2 x 68 Pontiacs (one original one being done), 31 a model Roadster pickup (original) 25 chev tourer (original), 38 chev pickup (being rodded), hr prem and other holdens.    Toghether we have built some cool cars my all time favorite i've attached a picture of sadly no longer in the collection.

And here is a photo of my XA coupe and Hq monaro in better days lol

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 08:41:16 PM »

WOW

Nice rides in there guys ! Mine is not finished yet - it is having the motor rebuilt. It is a project that Dad and I have been working on (his car since new). He smashed it in 1975 and we started to restore it 4 years ago. Nearing the finish line - More photos later (maybe even a restore thread) !

It is a 1962 VW Karmann Ghia. Dad picked it off the Assembly line, Drove it from Germany to Italy and had it shipped out to Australia in 1962.

Just to give you an idea - The rubbers and seals ALONE cost US$1500.

Dad MADE the carpets to original specs. They are no longer available. The nose badge alone is NOS and cost US$96.

Should be finished next month !

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 08:55:48 PM »

WOW

Nice rides in there guys ! Mine is not finished yet - it is having the motor rebuilt. It is a project that Dad and I have been working on (his car since new). He smashed it in 1975 and we started to restore it 4 years ago. Nearing the finish line - More photos later (maybe even a restore thread) !

It is a 1962 VW Karmann Ghia. Dad picked it off the Assembly line, Drove it from Germany to Italy and had it shipped out to Australia in 1962.

Just to give you an idea - The rubbers and seals ALONE cost US$1500.

Dad MADE the carpets to original specs. They are no longer available. The nose badge alone is NOS and cost US$96.

Should be finished next month !

Nino, that VW looks absouletly pristine...what a great looking car.  Must admit I dont think I have seen one before.  Are there many around or are they rare?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 09:31:24 PM by Strangeways »
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 09:03:44 PM »
Thats sweet as Nino
                 I have always disliked VW beetles but always loved the Karmann Ghias and that looks fantasic. Looks like we will have to have a pinball and car show once we get all our toys finished

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 09:39:27 PM »

Dean - They are becoming rare and are a collector's car these days. I do see them occasionally driven around in various conditions, and there are some magnificent restored Karmanns owned by collectors that are only ever seen at shows. This particular car has a Serial number that is part of the USA run in 1961, but is is not a conversion. That in itself has "raised the eyebrows" of the collectors. It is quite unique.

Dad still has the original invoice. BTW - he did most of the work - not me ! But I've been an enthusiastic assistant. I am inspecting the rebuilt motor tomorrow and I might add some pictures. I'm no car enthusiast, but working on these cars has taught me to appreciate the effort that REAL car enthusiasts (like the guys on this thread) go to for their cars.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 10:17:43 PM »
There is an orange Ghia on my way home from marks i think its on toorak Rd

Offline Peach

• Forum Posts:
  • Redcliffe
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 01:53:16 AM »
 %$%
Life is short...smile while you still have teeth  ;-)

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 06:40:14 AM »
Thats a great looking wagon Peaches is it original or has it been done up either way its really nice

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 08:21:42 AM »
I don't think the police would be too impressed with the number plate, though.

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 08:45:58 AM »
%$%

I saw a Falcon station wagon like yours (but white) the other day in a shopping centre car park, an elderly man and his wife were in the car about to leave so I went up to the window and congratulated the two of them on such a fine automobile, I think they were pretty chuffed. I would love to have been alive when only these classic cars were on the road and driving a car made of plastic was unheard of.

Matthew

Offline Peach

• Forum Posts:
  • Redcliffe
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 10:05:39 AM »
Thats a great looking wagon Peaches is it original or has it been done up either way its really nice

Thanks,It had a respray some years before I bought it,other than that and the wheels, she is original ,I bought this from the 18 year old son of my boss,just in time as he was about to do all sorts of modifications to it,not that mods on some cars are bad,but when you find an xy in as original condition as this it`s a shame to change it.
Cheers Peach  %$%

Life is short...smile while you still have teeth  ;-)