Author Topic: BALLY PARAGON.... ANOTHER GRAIL PIN TO THE COLLECTION  (Read 4009 times)

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
congrats mate,welcome to the paragon club.you will never part with it. #*# @@* $#$ %)%
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Hey Mitch
           yeah will get the full treatment eventually but like most of my games will take time probably get a quick clean and a wax for now so its playable.   To many machines lined up for other people at the moment.      I still have not touched creature from the black lagoon yet how slack is that @.@

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Hey Mitch
           yeah will get the full treatment eventually but like most of my games will take time probably get a quick clean and a wax for now so its playable.   To many machines lined up for other people at the moment.      I still have not touched creature from the black lagoon yet how slack is that @.@

Sounds like my situation with Stellar Wars.. brought it home and only did enough to it to get it playable  :lol   BUT... it WILL be done soon enough  *%*

looking forward to when you do get around to doing the resto on this one.. Glad to see you getting one of your grail pins. KISS was my #1 holy grail but there are a couple more grail pins on my wishlist still  *%*

Offline howzat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
well done Daniel  @@*   when I saw it @ marks place I knew it would go quick   what did your wife say    ?? lol   

Howzat

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:

That's a HUGE pinnie!!
It's big compared to the dmds your've got. Congrats Daniel and let us know what the gameplay is like.
That backglass artwork is fantastic - kind of reminds me of He-Man....i loved He-Man as a kid.

ps - what the fu_k is that statue?? That's freaky!
SC.

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
 @@*
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!

Offline billxixix

• Forum Posts:
Great Machine

Cheers

Bill

Offline Steve2010

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Daniel, fantastic pickup!   ^^^  I've never played this machine, but I would drool to do so.  The artwork is something to itself in this game.  And yes, that backglass does look superb (at least from the images ), and it does "dwarf" the Strikes & Spares next to it.

Yup, widebodies aren't just a bit wider than the norm - they're on steroids.  The only wb I have played is a Future Spa back in my uni days.  You notice everthing about them .... not only the PF width, but the apron, lockdown bar, etc.  After playing the normal width ones, you really seem to stretch your arms further apart on the widebodies.  And after playing a widebody, the default sized pin seems narrow for a while.

Look forward to the progress, and congratulations.

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Saw this game when it was at PSP, looks like an amazing game, looking forward to the restore.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Well its been a long time since i touched my paragon but thanks to Swinks te old girl as been given a bump up the que.   
   Freshly painted cab off ebay looks great has some very slight overspray which looks authentic the prep work looks really good still unsure if im going to use rails without nails Any thoughts???

Inside the headbox still has all the alliminium and PCB brackets but sadly there is yellow overspray on them all.  Brackets are no sweat some time on the buff and tey will shine but any ideas how to remove the paint from te aliminum and make it look nice and shiny???

Here are some pics as it arrived for those who missed the other thread

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Here she is with her head back on.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
and a comparison of te old and new  &&

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Looks like your off to a great start with that cab Daniel  ^^^
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline deadlydave

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
The new cab looks great Daniel, that's a really good pickup ^^^
Do you know what type of paint was used, I would be trying any solvent I had lying around first, hopefully you can find something to break it down. I wish I had used smooth rails after nearly breaking through the side ply with new nails on my FP, keep this in mind if you go with nailed rails, ie take a few mm of them.
Cheers
Dave

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Hi Daniel,

Try acetone (cleaned up my tiles after a bathroom reno recently) on the aluminium panels but do not touch the regular paint work - don't even leave the rag on painted timber, will soften and dull it in a flash. Can get it from Bunnings under $10.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts