Aussie Pinball Forums > Restorations

Bally Dr Who High End Restoration

<< < (2/8) > >>

Strangeways:
Moving on to the FIRST job on the upper playfield - while it is still completely blank - installing the Pop Bumper screws ;

Then all the underside plated parts are installed ;

The cable clamps and even the screws are new.

Underside is coming together nicely ;

All of the lamp sockets are replaced - They Look great after a session in the ultrasonic cleaner, but I'm still not happy, so they are all replaced. The loom itslef looks brand new.

Apologies for slow updates - more coming in the next day or two !

Crashramp:
Wow, that is coming up really nicely Nino. Finished product is going to be very special.

DSB:
Very Nice!

Strangeways:
Updates are well behind progress.. *%*

Even though the ultrasonic did really well to clean the lamp sockets, it was always the plan to replace them. I install the #47 sockets temporarily so I can route the GI wiring loom into correct position. No matter what the condition, I like to replace them. Here's why ;

Fair enough - it is a close up photo - but you can see the corrosion is more than superficial, and if you look closely, it is almost a short..

They are CHEAP and will save you hassles in the future !

.. and they look neater !

Digressing to the mini playfield - it is time to assemble the top of the Time Expander with the plated, re-grained or replacement parts ;

Cliffy's installed - which are MANDATORY for the Time Expander.

The VUK's are placed into position.

.. and we are done for the moment !

:D

Strangeways:
I continually find things I'm not happy with. If I'm not happy, then it is simply not good enough.. I don't like the target bank on the RHS - it looks "tacky" with the beer seal behind the targets.. So time to disassemble and this was justified as the rear of the bracket was corroded ! How ? I have no idea..

Removed from the switch matrix harness..

Replated - looks HEAPS better ;

Re-assembled with machine screws - not rivets. So if for some reason one target leans like the Tower of Pisa, it can be adjusted.. Also, that ugly beer seal is gone and I've used the singular target pads as it looks HEAPS better.

Now I can move on with installing more plated parts within the switch matrix loom..

Even the Pop Bumper switch brackets are re-plated. Why ? They look better and if I need to order new ones I have to wait. So I plate them in the morning, installed by the afternoon.. The one on the RHS is plated the one the LHS is corroded..

But this is "time consuming".. I don't like "furry" metal. Heavy Metal ? Yes - loud in the background !

The trough switch plate. Re-plated..

Even the switch assemblies !

That's all for this update !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version