Author Topic: METALLICA Master of puppets Limited Edition  (Read 19275 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: METALLICA Master of puppets Limited Edition
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »
Thanks Daniel for a great night, I agree with Nick, the artwork is really quite amazing compared with the rubbish photoshoped images Stern have been bringing out lately, some fresh work done by a cool artist with bright eyepopping colours, really nice.  The MoP LE mirrored backglass and side art is very cool too.  Apron and plastics artwork all look fantastic, I like the small touches like the lights mounted in the apron projecting onto the playfield, the clear plastics that are cut into sharp shapes instead of just being a functional square piece, the playfield window looking down into the coffin ball lock using the opto lighting to make it glow an errie red

Shame about the coffin lock playing up, I though it strange that it would hold the ball then drop it SDTM. It worked a couple of times before playing up, and is a great toy.

After changing all the flasher globes to LED flashers made a HUGE difference to the game, when you hit the ramps and red flashers under the M logos really pop! And the flashers in the backboard behind sparky look heaps better when changed to white LEDs.

Gameplay is great, fast and furious the way I like it, the kickouts hurtle the ball at you and you need to be on your toes to control it.
The loop shot is a little disappointing as a up post stops the ball from looping all the way around most of the time, although I think it was changed on the software update.
The inline drops are great and the tombstone multiball has some pretty cool lighting effects. I was actually impressed with all the lighting suits the theme very well.
Sparky is a cool toy, I am unsure if you would get over it after awhile though, as the magnet holds the ball for a LONG time while waiting for the DMD amimation, maybe that has also been changed on the software update.  Not to knock it as it is pretty cool but if you got sparky multiball a few times in a game it would wear thin in the long term IMO.
Fuel mode bonus scoring round is good, hitting the fuel target fills your tank for more time.
Shame about the coffin lock, as we didn't see coffin multiball, but I'm sure that will be sorted in time.
Overall think it is a fantastic looking, fast fun game, I look forward to see what the software updates bring.

Thanks again Daniel for sharing your unboxing with us, it was a great night   ^^^