Author Topic: Metallica - Stern - release 2013  (Read 55022 times)

Offline spacejam0

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Metallica - Stern - release 2013
« Reply #270 on: April 17, 2013, 05:48:35 AM »
Seems to be huge interest in this title reminds me a little of the early days hype of ac/dc and they would make a great pair.
Nice looking pin that's for sure and a good thing even if your not into this title. What Im hoping will happen now is that a we see some quality used titles hit the second hand market as people sell off there existing titles to either make room or to finance this one. Good for everyone when a great new game such as this one hits the market.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #271 on: April 17, 2013, 06:55:57 PM »
Seems to be huge interest in this title reminds me a little of the early days hype of ac/dc and they would make a great pair.
Nice looking pin that's for sure and a good thing even if your not into this title. What Im hoping will happen now is that a we see some quality used titles hit the second hand market as people sell off there existing titles to either make room or to finance this one. Good for everyone when a great new game such as this one hits the market.

Yeah the hype on this game is bigger than AC/DC that's for sure I just can't wait for a video and that shouldn't be far away, Apparently AMD has sold all there LE's and cashbox only has 5 left and all we have seen is a few photo's. Thanks to Jack it looks like Stern has lifted there game with a nice PF with some very cool toys.

Peter @@*

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #272 on: April 17, 2013, 07:32:46 PM »
All versions of the machine look really good.
I just hope they have good code, because ultimately that is what makes a game.
There are a heap of sucky themes that have great gameplay and vice versa.
Please Stern don't let this be one of them. (fingers crossed)

Forgot to say I have my name down for an LE.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #273 on: April 17, 2013, 08:02:37 PM »
What interests me is how the music will or will not be incorporated into the whole machine.  ?   !@#

A jukebox or no jukebox ?   !@#

A radio during attract mode like ACDC or not ?   !@#

How many people will sell a ACDC pinny to buy a Metallica, or will it just be a purchase to sit next to a ACDC  ?   !@#

Will there be more music pinnys ?  is this the start to a run of different band pinballs ? .....what band is next ???  !@# !@#

Lots of questions til the video comes out.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #274 on: April 17, 2013, 08:43:23 PM »
I think the music will be integrated like Guns and Roses but play more of the song?? Maybe just a guess but with Lyman doing the code it'll be special. Will sit nice next to acdc :-)

Peter

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #275 on: April 17, 2013, 08:53:58 PM »
I was seriously thinking about selling my acdc before metallicas release but I have to have them both now

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #276 on: April 17, 2013, 09:55:31 PM »
Yeah they'd look pretty good sitting next to each other.

I hope they play the whole songs in the same way as ACDC or something similar, it would just sh!t me if they didn't.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #277 on: April 17, 2013, 11:06:26 PM »
Will there be more music pinnys ?  is this the start to a run of different band pinballs ? .....what band is next ???  !@# !@#

At the rate of success on ACDC and now the insane run Metallica is having pre-release , I would say that one Mr Gary Stern is currently having quite a few discussions about "what band are we going to talk to next".

"Thanks to JJP we have this Metallica game " someone said  #@#
Why give that bloke credit for this game   @.@
YES he may have made GS think "f*ck JJP I am gunna smash one out the ball park here and drive a nail in his coffin"( dunno? ) - but way more like I would say Metallica themselves didnt want anything BUT quality in all regards ( gameplay and art ) related to thier brand name. I doubt VERY much that the so called , yet to be proven 'quality' of WOZ actually "scared Stern" into doing something we currently think looks better than the past.
DW Drums rule !

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #278 on: April 17, 2013, 11:19:42 PM »
Good morning.
How's the orange juice?

What's on the cards today @ NYC - a visit to JJP perhaps?
SC.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #279 on: April 17, 2013, 11:22:11 PM »
It wouldnt be a surprised if another music pinny gets done 6 to 12 months down the line.
Also, another good thought for Stern, maybe some people buyin Metallica will just buy a ACDC to go with it.....ACDC might have just got an extra lease of life as well for another year or more, they were already backlogged with ACDC orders before Metallica, now they might get extra buyers looking hard at all the Stern games available.

Re WOZ, the quality is definately there, the video Jack sent me, the populated playfields n cabinets is/are just amazing. Everyone is stepping up their game, and we as buyers are all winning.
Fast forward 2 to 5 years, and JJP will be a very serious contender because he isnt giving up anytime soon and his quality and design ideas are amazing. Jacks like a tornado, he is only just starting to get wound up and he will catch up, but in the meantime, I know we will see a top quality product from JJP, and if Stern keeps it all up as well, we all win bigtime.

Imagine whats on the menu in 2014 ? and 2013 hasnt even finished yet with Star Trek still to come, with Avengers Premium, all the Metallicas as well.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #280 on: April 17, 2013, 11:32:36 PM »
The only thing that's going to save JJP is to sign up Kiss.
SC.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #281 on: April 17, 2013, 11:37:10 PM »
I want a HENDRIX pinball complete with psycedelic artwork covering Jimis career, stereo audio and comes with a free shaker motor and a sheet of acid!

()
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #282 on: April 18, 2013, 12:03:23 AM »

I know they are reasonably popular but I don't think they are in the same league as ACDC and Metallica.
As cool as it might sound, I don't think the reality would sell well enough to save anyone's business.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #283 on: April 18, 2013, 06:22:46 AM »
Good morning.
How's the orange juice?

What's on the cards today @ NYC - a visit to JJP perhaps?

Hahaha - OJ here is quite OK and funny enough I literally just had some - but even thats better in CA  ^^^
About to update travel thread , so keep this thread on track  <..>
DW Drums rule !

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #284 on: April 18, 2013, 08:48:45 AM »

I know they are reasonably popular but I don't think they are in the same league as ACDC and Metallica.
As cool as it might sound, I don't think the reality would sell well enough to save anyone's business.

I wouldn't under estimate the selling power of Kiss.  Purely my thoughts only but if Stern aren't persisting with trying to sign Kiss up for a machine I'll donate my left one.   
Addicted to pins.